PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ben Hicks transfers to Hogs

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Ben Hicks transfers to Hogs

Postby footballdad » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:00 am

gohogs14 wrote:Arkansas had a TE, maybe our best player, quit the team on Friday night after a closed door meeting with coaches over accountability and playing favorites. Players' parents have said the meeting got extremely heated and that 9 or 10 of the players have checked out on Morris now and are mailing it in.

Probably haven't seen the worst of it yet. Just not sure how you could afford to keep him for another year.

The players and parents have now seen the used car salesman up close and personal. Apparently don't like what they see.

Arkansas writers not buying what Chavis is selling either:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkan ... -got-here/
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:47 am

Players "mailing it in" speaks volumes about the character of those players and the need to completely turn over that roster. Remember how disgruntled our team was when Chad left and Sonny came in to coach the bowl game? I remember Xavier Jones was vocal about possibly wanting to transfer out. The difference is that our guys just went to work with the new coaching staff and system and although year one didn't go as well as they had hoped, the never "mailed it in" (except of course for those who transferred or might have been encouraged to do so)
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:31 am

footballdad wrote:The players and parents have now seen the used car salesman up close and personal. Apparently don't like what they see.

footballdad I wonder what the mounting losses will do to the Hogs recruiting? Chad is supposed to be some "all world recruiting guru" (which I think is way over-rated), but this miserable situation Ark finds itself in must be starting to take it's toll on the Full Tilt Boogie recruiting trail. I believe in the last ten days an Ark All-Time Record holding TE and a senior offensive tackle have left the team. Chad better win at home this Saturday as it might very well be his last chance this season to secure a victory.

Chad Monday Pre-Western Kentucky Presser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqqzwzHXTTo
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby birddogger » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:04 am

I have kept up with this long thread on all things Chad and Hicks, but have resisted joining the Schadenfreude Singers. There are plenty of discontented Arky fans out there who don't need our help, but perhaps do need some sympathy. Here's a link below to the Arky Board on the SEC Rant. You'll find vitriol, wailing and gnashing of tusks aplenty, which should satisfy your appetites and confirm that we were fortunate indeed that both transferred and that we now have a real head coach and a gutsy and talented QB leading our revival. Maybe we can just lurk on their board and not sully our own.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/arkansas-sports/
birddogger
All-American

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:51 am

birddogger wrote:I have kept up with this long thread on all things Chad and Hicks, but have resisted joining the Schadenfreude Singers. There are plenty of discontented Arky fans out there who don't need our help, but perhaps do need some sympathy. Here's a link below to the Arky Board on the SEC Rant. You'll find vitriol, wailing and gnashing of tusks aplenty, which should satisfy your appetites and confirm that we were fortunate indeed that both transferred and that we now have a real head coach and a gutsy and talented QB leading our revival. Maybe we can just lurk on their board and not sully our own.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/arkansas-sports/
Well i was going to quit posting here till you did this .
One Trick Pony

Postby gohogs14 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:35 am

Just more fuel to the fire - nearly burning a highly-regarded freshman's redshirt because he played him for one play during kneel-downs in several games.

https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/column ... shirt-rule
gohogs14
Scout Team

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:48 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
footballdad wrote:The players and parents have now seen the used car salesman up close and personal. Apparently don't like what they see.

footballdad I wonder what the mounting losses will do to the Hogs recruiting? Chad is supposed to be some "all world recruiting guru" (which I think is way over-rated), but this miserable situation Ark finds itself in must be starting to take it's toll on the Full Tilt Boogie recruiting trail. I believe in the last ten days an Ark All-Time Record holding TE and a senior offensive tackle have left the team. Chad better win at home this Saturday as it might very well be his last chance this season to secure a victory.

Coaching changes and losing can be really tough, especially on upperclassmen but watching this presser it's pretty obvious that Chad is not the same enthusiastic guy he's been his entire career. He obviously expected more improvement than what the hogs have shown this year.
Charleston Pony

Postby 82Pony » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:17 pm

82Pony
Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:37 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:

Coaching changes and losing can be really tough, especially on upperclassmen but watching this presser it's pretty obvious that Chad is not the same enthusiastic guy he's been his entire career. He obviously expected more improvement than what the hogs have shown this year.
Too late to bolt from there haha
One Trick Pony

Postby footballdad » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Players "mailing it in" speaks volumes about the character of those players and the need to completely turn over that roster. Remember how disgruntled our team was when Chad left and Sonny came in to coach the bowl game? I remember Xavier Jones was vocal about possibly wanting to transfer out. The difference is that our guys just went to work with the new coaching staff and system and although year one didn't go as well as they had hoped, the never "mailed it in" (except of course for those who transferred or might have been encouraged to do so)

The used car salesman takes disgruntled to a whole new level. Everyone can clearly see that he's full of BS, and full of himself. Of course his brand new recruits buy into his gimmick at the outset, but his schtick wears off on most. Just watch the videos, enough said.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyTime » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:45 pm

Looks like Chad is going to be at Arkansas a little longer - LOL:

University of Arkansas Announces Contract Extension and Raise for Chad Morris
http://www.rockcitytimes.com/university-of-arkansas-announces-contract-extension-and-raise-for-chad-morris/?fbclid=IwAR2n6vsBPIyHYbrp0hPO5R8iFtoCvGzOjHIcwHkqWOFtJCCliKsJ4gS-ZYk
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustang1992 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:01 pm

"You reap what you sow . . ."

Some of us believe that this is more than just a business, so when someone says "family," we expect them to act as such. Chad viewed us as a stepping stone, he was applying for positions the minute he got head coach on his resume. And that's fine, but he could have done it with class or not (e.g., UCF's coach as class), Chad chose the second.
mustang1992
All-American

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Guess that extends this thread 2 more years. :roll:
Bergermeister

Postby PonyTime » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:36 pm

Bergermeister wrote:Guess that extends this thread 2 more years. :roll:

Look closely at that article. ^^^
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby shadowman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:51 pm

PonyTime wrote:Looks like Chad is going to be at Arkansas a little longer - LOL:

University of Arkansas Announces Contract Extension and Raise for Chad Morris
http://www.rockcitytimes.com/university-of-arkansas-announces-contract-extension-and-raise-for-chad-morris/?fbclid=IwAR2n6vsBPIyHYbrp0hPO5R8iFtoCvGzOjHIcwHkqWOFtJCCliKsJ4gS-ZYk

That is comedy gold there. Looks like it could have been written by a Ponyfan!
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop