PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ben Hicks transfers to Hogs

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Ben Hicks transfers to Hogs

Postby redpony » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:31 pm

I'm sure stallion can also provide us with the info on how many of those 15 ints. were taken back for TDs. vs pick6-Hicks.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Timothythegreat » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:56 pm

You cannot really compare Hicks to Gilbert , With regards to the 2012 season. Gilbert was still a head case back then and was playing in June’s run and shoot yourself in the foot offense.

But it doesn’t really matter what the stats say, Gilbert had a much better arm, could run, is more accurate, And could turn other players around him into play makers. Hicks need to play makers to succeed, Gilbert does not.

While I like Hicks and appreciate what he has accomplished, Gilbert is definitely the more skilled quarterback.

I just got chills imagining Gilbert throwing to proché, quinn, and Sutton Last season.
Timothythegreat
Junior Varsity

Postby footballdad » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:09 pm

redpony wrote:I'm sure stallion can also provide us with the info on how many of those 15 ints. were taken back for TDs. vs pick6-Hicks.

Nah, sudden case of amnesia. Stallion the king of cherry picked 'info' and 'insight'.

4 years from now he'll still be chattering about the 'total rebuild' at Arkansas, as his favorite used car salesman scratches his way to that magical 6-7 win plateau.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:10 pm

footballdad wrote:
redpony wrote:I'm sure stallion can also provide us with the info on how many of those 15 ints. were taken back for TDs. vs pick6-Hicks.

Nah, sudden case of amnesia. Stallion the king of cherry picked 'info' and 'insight'.

4 years from now he'll still be chattering about the 'total rebuild' at Arkansas, as his favorite used car salesman scratches his way to that magical 6-7 win plateau.
Vanity my favorite sin.
One Trick Pony

Postby Stallion » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:45 pm

I love the revisionist history around here-not only did he have a horrible TD/Int ratio in his 4th season but he couldn't see receivers downfield or wouldn't throw it downfield-he ended with a 5.8 yards PER ATTEMPT which is ridiculously bad. Now that I think about it I think I remember that being near the bottom of all NCAA QBs that year
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby redpony » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:53 pm

[quote="Stallion" Now that I think about I think I remember that being near the bottom of all NCAA QBs that year[/quote]

can you also remember how many pick6's he gave up. I am sure hicks was way above him on those stats. probably even lead the nation ( sad they don't keep stats on things like that).
redpony

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:24 pm

One Trick Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:54 pm

So when all is said and done, it would appear we "traded up" at the QB position, especially considering the fact that Buechele will have 2 years.
Charleston Pony

Postby PonyKai » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:02 am

Charleston Pony wrote:So when all is said and done, it would appear we "traded up" at the QB position, especially considering the fact that Buechele will have 2 years.

But can Boosh throw an out route?
PonyKai

Postby gohogs14 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Sounds like Arkansas could be getting Nick Starkel too
gohogs14
Scout Team

Postby mrydel » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:59 pm

gohogs14 wrote:Sounds like Arkansas could be getting Nick Starkel too

They could use him.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby smupony94 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:54 pm

mrydel wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:Sounds like Arkansas could be getting Nick Starkel too

They could use him.

FSU
smupony94

Postby JasonB » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:10 am

PonyKai wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:So when all is said and done, it would appear we "traded up" at the QB position, especially considering the fact that Buechele will have 2 years.

But can Boosh throw an out route?

Yes. He has plenty of arm talent and is a more accurate passer. His challenges have been more around making reads rather than throwing scripted plays (WR screen).

For Shane's career, he is well over 60%, improved every year, 2-to-1 TD to INT ratio, 7.2 yards per attempt and a 132 rating.

Ben was 56%, regressed this year, 2-to-1 TD to INT ratio, 7.2 yards per attempt and a 130 rating.

Pretty even outside of completion percentage, and Shane was doing that against a higher level of competition. I would hope that completion percentage bump will lead to a more consistent offense.
JasonB

Postby footballdad » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:12 pm

100% guaranteed that Dykes is thrilled to swap Hicks for Shane.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby 78pony » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:38 pm

footballdad wrote:100% guaranteed that Dykes is thrilled to swap Hicks for Shane.

No argument from me on this, Dad. For SD, Christmas was just a tad late but he got a huge present. Well worth the wait.
78pony
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop