PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UCONN to Rejoin Big East

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: UCONN to Rejoin Big East

Postby redpony » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:09 am

mtrout wrote:
Sad. Don't forget that our directors cup standing for all athletics has gone from #15 to our current ranking of #160 through this time period.

RGT must really be proud to tell his fellow presidents that he has managed to destroy our athletics, submarine our academics and has turned the school into a bottom feeder in overall performance.
You can't blame everybody else when the captain of the ship has been in charge for over 20+ years.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby NavyCrimson » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:52 pm

Agree but where is the board in all this? They're just as complicit as he - don't you think?

I would say they should bare most of the blame.
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby EastStang » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:35 pm

Did you see that the NCAA hit UCONN with two year sanctions for its hoops program? So, they start out in the Big East under NCAA sanctions.

A couple of schools have jumped up from FCS to FBS in the last few years. Liberty and ODU. ODU beat Virginia Tech last year in football and are located in Norfolk, the largest city in Virginia. Would give Temple or ECU a travel partner. Don't think they travel terribly well, but they have an alumni base that's pretty large, its probably the 4th largest university in VA (behind VT, UVA, JMU). Liberty is investing heavily in its sports programs and is trying to be the Baylor of the East (without the murders). They don't have a huge alumni base, but its a growing school here in the Old Dominion State. BYU likes its independence. Another school to think about demographically would be Florida Atlantic. They're in Boca Raton on the East Coast of Florida. Have more players in NFL than we do. I'd certainly take a look at them. You mention service academies and left out the one that has no option offense, Air Force. I'd take them in a heartbeat for all sports.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby mrydel » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:14 pm

UConn got 2 years probation. I do not think they got any sanctions. Ollie got a show cause for 3 years.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Digetydog » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:04 pm

EastStang wrote:Did you see that the NCAA hit UCONN with two year sanctions for its hoops program? So, they start out in the Big East under NCAA sanctions.

A couple of schools have jumped up from FCS to FBS in the last few years. Liberty and ODU. ODU beat Virginia Tech last year in football and are located in Norfolk, the largest city in Virginia. Would give Temple or ECU a travel partner. Don't think they travel terribly well, but they have an alumni base that's pretty large, its probably the 4th largest university in VA (behind VT, UVA, JMU). Liberty is investing heavily in its sports programs and is trying to be the Baylor of the East (without the murders). They don't have a huge alumni base, but its a growing school here in the Old Dominion State. BYU likes its independence. Another school to think about demographically would be Florida Atlantic. They're in Boca Raton on the East Coast of Florida. Have more players in NFL than we do. I'd certainly take a look at them. You mention service academies and left out the one that has no option offense, Air Force. I'd take them in a heartbeat for all sports.

Since Liberty hired Baylor’s old AD, the rape and murder option seems to be on the table.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:59 pm

You might be right. Life is usually very boring in Lynchburg.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby PonyPride » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:10 am

According to the Hartford (Connecticut) Courant, the University of Connecticut will pay the American Athletic Conference $17 million to bolt for the Big East.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop