PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How come this did not make bigger news? Let's play football.

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: How come this did not make bigger news? Let's play footb

Postby malonish » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:32 pm

mrydel wrote:Ponyte is the man.

I hear he blocks pretty well.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BUS » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:35 pm

Thank you ponyte. You last point of how to treat now sounds a lot like tech Dr in Midland.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dukie » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:28 pm

ponyte wrote:We often see people admiitted [sic] for one problem and find out they are Covid positive such as the above mentioned asthma problem. Its [sic] not Covid that is the problem, its [sic] just a coincidential [sic] finding.

Oh, this is not a scarey [sic] virus. Its not even close.

Oh my god. These are two of the worst misstatements (lies?) I have ever seen on this board. But yes, I agree and am glad this is not AIDS II.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby HubbaHubba » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:54 pm

BUS wrote:Thank you ponyte. You last point of how to treat now sounds a lot like tech Dr in Midland.

No, not at all. Inhaled steroids are not the same as systemic steroids and antivirals are not antibiotics. Even his local colleagues think the tech grad is a quack.

I'd love for there to be a football season but to base our hopes on the delusional utterances of a tech grad is hoping too much!
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby BUS » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:06 pm

Hubba hubba peace to you and glad we have the first amendment.
Not throwing darts at TT DR.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby ponyboy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:17 pm

Dukie wrote:
ponyte wrote:We often see people admiitted [sic] for one problem and find out they are Covid positive such as the above mentioned asthma problem. Its [sic] not Covid that is the problem, its [sic] just a coincidential [sic] finding.

Oh my god. These are two of the worst misstatements (lies?) I have ever seen on this board. But yes, I agree and am glad this is not AIDS II.

Man, are you ok?
ponyboy

Postby Dukie » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:25 pm

ponyboy wrote:
Dukie wrote:

Man, are you ok?

Me? Fine, thanks. Just beyond tired of this virus being minimized, especially by those who should know better. The path to having sports—never kind a functioning economy, and functioning schools—is taking this virus seriously. The USA overall is not doing that. And facile—if not downright stupid—analogies to AIDS are preposterous.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby ponyte » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:42 am

Man, are you ok?[/quote]
Me? Fine, thanks. Just beyond tired of this virus being minimized, especially by those who should know better. The path to having sports—never kind a functioning economy, and functioning schools—is taking this virus seriously. The USA overall is not doing that. And facile—if not downright stupid—analogies to AIDS are preposterous.[/quote]

After you have worked 12 or more hours shifts for 28 out of 31 days a month for 5 now going on 6 months in an ICU going toe to toe with the Angle of Death, then come talk to me. Elderly people with chonic diseases dying of this virus isn't camparable to watching a young healthy man die a slow gruesome death. My perceptive is this I see pandmic down in the trenches. I don't have the luxury of watching edited clips on TV. I don't worry about catching this virus as much as sweating the reuslts of my Western Blot (HIV test) knowing if its positive I'm a dead man.
ponyte

Postby Dukie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:00 am

ponyte wrote:

Man, are you ok?

Me? Fine, thanks. Just beyond tired of this virus being minimized, especially by those who should know better. The path to having sports—never kind a functioning economy, and functioning schools—is taking this virus seriously. The USA overall is not doing that. And facile—if not downright stupid—analogies to AIDS are preposterous.[/quote]

After you have worked 12 or more hours shifts for 28 out of 31 days a month for 5 now going on 6 months in an ICU going toe to toe with the Angle of Death, then come talk to me. Elderly people with chonic diseases dying of this virus isn't camparable to watching a young healthy man die a slow gruesome death. My perceptive is this I see pandmic down in the trenches. I don't have the luxury of watching edited clips on TV. I don't worry about catching this virus as much as sweating the reuslts of my Western Blot (HIV test) knowing if its positive I'm a dead man.[/quote]

You watch your first boyfriend die, then come back and lecture me some more all about your superior knowledge of AIDS.

Your statements minimizing this pandemic are wrong. And dangerous.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:46 am

ponyte wrote:

Man, are you ok?

After you have worked 12 or more hours shifts for 28 out of 31 days a month for 5 now going on 6 months in an ICU going toe to toe with the Angle of Death, then come talk to me. Elderly people with chonic diseases dying of this virus isn't camparable to watching a young healthy man die a slow gruesome death. My perceptive is this I see pandmic down in the trenches. I don't have the luxury of watching edited clips on TV. I don't worry about catching this virus as much as sweating the reuslts of my Western Blot (HIV test) knowing if its positive I'm a dead man.[/quote]

That had to have been quite nerve racking.

I don't want to demean the AIDS epidemic in any way, because it is heartwrenching.

That said, I do think it is fair to point out that at it's peak, 40K people in the US died from it every year, while this epidemic has already seen 130K deaths.
JasonB

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:56 am

malonish wrote:Masks are not to protect you, they are to protect those around you.

Not quite....masks do protect you. One of the ways people get the flu and COVID-19 is sticking their fingers in their nose and mouth before they have a chance to wash those grubby paws. A mask can be an effctive deterent to sticking fingers into mouths, noses, biting fingernails, etc...
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:07 am

HubbaHubba wrote:Even his local colleagues think the tech grad is a quack.

And they thought this guy was a quack too!

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health ... al-mystery

And again and again...
https://youtu.be/m_zFyXWxxMA
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dukie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:23 am

ponyte wrote:After you have worked 12 or more hours shifts for 28 out of 31 days a month for 5 now going on 6 months in an ICU going toe to toe with the Angle of Death, then come talk to me. Elderly people with chonic diseases dying of this virus isn't camparable to watching a young healthy man die a slow gruesome death. My perceptive is this I see pandmic down in the trenches. I don't have the luxury of watching edited clips on TV. I don't worry about catching this virus as much as sweating the reuslts of my Western Blot (HIV test) knowing if its positive I'm a dead man.

Dukie wrote:You watch your first boyfriend die, then come back and lecture me some more all about your superior knowledge of AIDS. Your statements minimizing this pandemic are wrong. And dangerous.

JasonB wrote:That had to have been quite nerve racking.

I don't want to demean the AIDS epidemic in any way, because it is heartwrenching.

That said, I do think it is fair to point out that at it's peak, 40K people in the US died from it every year, while this epidemic has already seen 130K deaths.

Not sure if you're talking to me or to ponyte. If to him, he can reply for himself. If to me, I'm fine; that happened a long time ago, in 1994. And I agree with your comment--this is in no way analogous to AIDS.
Last edited by Dukie on Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby mustangxc » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:36 am

ponyte wrote:
After you have worked 12 or more hours shifts for 28 out of 31 days a month for 5 now going on 6 months in an ICU going toe to toe with the Angle of Death, then come talk to me. Elderly people with chonic diseases dying of this virus isn't camparable to watching a young healthy man die a slow gruesome death. My perceptive is this I see pandmic down in the trenches. I don't have the luxury of watching edited clips on TV. I don't worry about catching this virus as much as sweating the reuslts of my Western Blot (HIV test) knowing if its positive I'm a dead man.

AIDS was not nearly as scary because if you were not sexually active or were at least in a monogamous relationship you had nothing to be concerned about whatsoever. This disease is much more scary in that you can die by simply going to the supermarket. Of course, context is key for everything.
mustangxc

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:47 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:That had to have been quite nerve racking. I don't want to demean the AIDS epidemic in any way, because it is heartwrenching. That said, I do think it is fair to point out that at it's peak, 40K people in the US died from it every year, while this epidemic has already seen 130K deaths.

Dukie when you were copying and pasting all the quotes of different people you must have made an error because the quote above was not something I ever posted.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop