PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

2 homecoming queens?

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby HubbaHubba » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:06 pm

White Helmet wrote:
tristatecoog wrote:Homecoming Royalty vs Queens. There was a lot more involvement this year but the Greeks still won most, if not all, of the top spots. Wonder if any of the finalists were Hunt Scholars.

My wife was a finalist and a Presidential Scholar, so it happens...


Well, if nobody else will ask.
What's his name?
User avatar
HubbaHubba
All-American
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:37 am

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby wilshireheightspony » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:49 am

Guess SMU is not the only school doing this.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Living/women ... d=80462474
wilshireheightspony
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby mtrout » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:44 pm

I don't even know what is happening anymore.
mtrout
Heisman
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby malonish » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:03 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
Typo bud, it happens.


Oh so it was just mask-off bigotry. Roger that buckaroo. The bigots have been a bit louder since around 2015. Hmm...
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

Image
User avatar
malonish
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3676
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:42 am
Location: Nope

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby EastStang » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:10 pm

As the one who asked the original question, thanks for telling me what it’s about. Bachelor of Science on this one.
"Student Athletes, so that's what you call your slaves" - Eric Cartman 2011
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 11803
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2002 4:01 am

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:51 pm

malonish wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:
Typo bud, it happens.


Oh so it was just mask-off bigotry. Roger that buckaroo. The bigots have been a bit louder since around 2015. Hmm...


:lol: :lol: You're so cringe. Calm down drama queen. :D
Last edited by SMU_Alum11 on Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye Benedict Dykes
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3571
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 am

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby Blvd_Stang » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:13 pm

In my study of history:

People complain about things, not being the way they used to be.

Life goes on.
2009 Ponyfans Rookie of the Year
Blvd_Stang
Heisman
 
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby digman52 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:35 am

[quote="PonyTime"]I feel like Bob would have something witty to say about this if he were still around...

Image

This pic came from the same game I got to be at as a High School Photographer.
Attachments
BOB HOPE SMU HOMECOMING.jpg
BOB HOPE SMU HOMECOMING.jpg (164.17 KiB) Viewed 6025 times
digman52
Scout Team
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby orwell » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:25 am

I never understood why we added a "king" in the first place.
orwell
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby well travelled pony » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:15 pm

HubbaHubba wrote:Who cares? The whole Homecoming Court thing is ridiculous. It is nothing for SMU to be embarrassed about but I'd be fine with them just doing away with it all together. If you like embarrassing, pointless traditions go enroll at A&M.


+1
User avatar
well travelled pony
All-American
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby malonish » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:00 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
malonish wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:
Typo bud, it happens.


Oh so it was just mask-off bigotry. Roger that buckaroo. The bigots have been a bit louder since around 2015. Hmm...


:lol: :lol: You're so cringe. Calm down drama queen. :D


Pot meet kettle. Your cringey backward-@$$ is still stuck in 1950. I also don't need a 2000 year old fiction book in order to treat people with respect until they do something to warrant losing it.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

Image
User avatar
malonish
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3676
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:42 am
Location: Nope

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:06 pm

malonish wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:
malonish wrote:
Oh so it was just mask-off bigotry. Roger that buckaroo. The bigots have been a bit louder since around 2015. Hmm...


:lol: :lol: You're so cringe. Calm down drama queen. :D


Pot meet kettle. Your cringey backward-@$$ is still stuck in 1950. I also don't need a 2000 year old fiction book in order to treat people with respect until they do something to warrant losing it.


You seem to be suffering from some sort of derangement syndrome. Seek help, bud.
Goodbye Benedict Dykes
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3571
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 am

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby malonish » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:11 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
You seem to be suffering from some sort of derangement syndrome. Seek help, bud.


Oh that's new- a bigot making insults with the language of mental health :roll: . Anyway, get vaccinated if you aren't and I give a probability of 75% that you haven't been based on your backwards thinking.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

Image
User avatar
malonish
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3676
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:42 am
Location: Nope

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:40 pm

malonish wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:
You seem to be suffering from some sort of derangement syndrome. Seek help, bud.


Oh that's new- a bigot making insults with the language of mental health :roll: . Anyway, get vaccinated if you aren't and I give a probability of 75% that you haven't been based on your backwards thinking.


:lol: bud, let me help you. Call this number 1-800-662-HELP. You need it when you are parroting watered down baseless words like "bigot". Also no judgment on calling the number above as getting help is a good thing.
Goodbye Benedict Dykes
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3571
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 am

Re: 2 homecoming queens?

Postby malonish » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:53 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
bud, let me help you. Call this number 1-800-662-HELP. You need it when you are parroting watered down baseless words like "bigot". Also no judgment on calling the number above as getting help is a good thing.


Whatever you say Gruden. I'm only describing you because of what you claim as "immortal." Don't be such a snowflake when I tell you what you are- a mask off bigot.

Nice double down on the false concern and attempts to insult my mental health though. Bigots are so predictable. :lol:

Anyway, sorry that the world is leaving you behind. Peace be with you bigot
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

Image
User avatar
malonish
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3676
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:42 am
Location: Nope

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
cron