PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bring back baseball?

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Bring back baseball?

Postby mrydel » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:53 pm

Bergermeister wrote:
Ccolley68 wrote:It’s probably been discussed and I missed it. And not sure what board is the proper one to put it under since baseball isn’t currently a sport, but with ACC membership now, and aside from the SEC, ACC baseball is pretty top notch, is fielding a baseball team again for the first time in decades on the docket?

Let's start with men's track - surely our track is in compliance. And to balance out, add women's tumbling.
Don’t we have a women’s gymnastics team? Or are you talking about just somersaults down a hill?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Bring back baseball?

Postby dalpony » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:28 am

Bergermeister wrote:
Ccolley68 wrote:It’s probably been discussed and I missed it. And not sure what board is the proper one to put it under since baseball isn’t currently a sport, but with ACC membership now, and aside from the SEC, ACC baseball is pretty top notch, is fielding a baseball team again for the first time in decades on the docket?

Let's start with men's track - surely our track is in compliance. And to balance out, add women's tumbling.

The problem about bringing men’s track back I was told was that it counts for three men’s sports (outdoor track, indoor track and cross country) which means you would need 3 additional women’s sports
dalpony
Varsity

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop