PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bring back baseball?

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Bring back baseball?

Postby mrydel » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:53 pm

Bergermeister wrote:
Ccolley68 wrote:It’s probably been discussed and I missed it. And not sure what board is the proper one to put it under since baseball isn’t currently a sport, but with ACC membership now, and aside from the SEC, ACC baseball is pretty top notch, is fielding a baseball team again for the first time in decades on the docket?

Let's start with men's track - surely our track is in compliance. And to balance out, add women's tumbling.
Don’t we have a women’s gymnastics team? Or are you talking about just somersaults down a hill?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby dalpony » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:28 am

Bergermeister wrote:
Ccolley68 wrote:It’s probably been discussed and I missed it. And not sure what board is the proper one to put it under since baseball isn’t currently a sport, but with ACC membership now, and aside from the SEC, ACC baseball is pretty top notch, is fielding a baseball team again for the first time in decades on the docket?

Let's start with men's track - surely our track is in compliance. And to balance out, add women's tumbling.

The problem about bringing men’s track back I was told was that it counts for three men’s sports (outdoor track, indoor track and cross country) which means you would need 3 additional women’s sports
dalpony
Varsity

Postby ProfessorPony » Fri May 17, 2024 8:54 pm

I think from a competitive standpoint considering how long it would take to compete with such powerhouses as Miami and such plus the financial aspects that would take away from ensuring the football team is good every season, I don't foresee this happening anytime soon, if at all.

Shame, as I love baseball, but looking at it realistically, I just don't think it is feasible.
Whiskey lover
ProfessorPony

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop