PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Funny name for event venue

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Funny name for event venue

Postby BUS » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:33 am

Goodbye Horses on SMU Blvd.
Last night some got to meet and have some REALLY good pizza at the Goodbye Horses bar and grill. The wings and pizza are really good, and I am a pizza snob.

This was/is for the ponyfansDTX NIL group. A few times a year the group gets together to meet some of the new players, and they are interviewed by Pappa Embody. (Wife and he are expecting their first child)

Of the four guys interviewed, one thing stuck in my mind. The is how well spoken they were. The reason they can to SMU is clear. It is the education, mostly master's degrees and the business climate that is SMU and Dallas.

And finally, these guys are HUGE. I think last night I heard that last year we had one 300-pound guy on the D-line.... this season we will have four. Love that depth as we go into the Atlantic Coast conference. That move also played well with the players as SMU is Power three.

If you're not in an NIL - think about it. contact@ponysportsdtx.com

And please go by Goodbye Horses for some awesome food and a beverage!
Go Mustangs
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Funny name for event venue

Postby bubba pony » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:46 pm

introduction video is mostly TCU fans . Lots of Purple. What's up with that?

https://goodbyehorsestx.com/
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:36 am

bubba pony wrote:introduction video is mostly TCU fans . Lots of Purple. What's up with that?

Great place horrible video, unless you are a frog. WTH?
ALEX LIFESON

Postby BUS » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:51 am

Well, I would say that is poor choice of film footage if you're looking for an SMU fanbase. I think I'll try to write them.

But the NIL event was great, and I hope all of you are participating at some level. This is time to step up!

Peace
BUS

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:02 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:
bubba pony wrote:introduction video is mostly TCU fans . Lots of Purple. What's up with that?

Great place horrible video, unless you are a frog. WTH?

Looks like that might have been filmed the day of an SMU vs TCU game when the place was packed. Given it's location, I doubt it's a TCU fans hangout
Charleston Pony

Postby BUS » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:07 am

I went to their web page and wrote them a note. Might want to change that footage to attract more SMU fans.
BUS

Postby shadowman » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:29 pm

Me and my wife stopped in there when it had just opened after we saw a rave review of the pizza in the DMN, this was back in November of 22, we chose that as our dining spot before the basketball season opener. The place was mostly dead, but we had a very hard time getting service, it was like we were purposefully being ignored and we definitely got the vibe that the staff and the other 3 frat bros in there did not want "old folks" in their establishment, for fear it was not cool.

I am glad the NIL event was a great time but I ain't never setting foot in that place again, even if Eric, Craig and Lance wanted to throw me a birthday party there.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby dalpony » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:42 am

I went to the NIL event at goodbye horses. It was my first time to visit that restaurant. The event was excellent, and the pizza lived up to its reputation of being the best in Dallas. I’ve been back twice since that event, and found the service to be excellent, friendly, and the pizza, the best in Dallas (I’m over 50). If you’re a Mustang football fan you need to contribute to the NIL.
dalpony
Varsity

Postby BUS » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:03 am

Thank you dalpony...If you’re a Mustang football fan you need to contribute to the NIL.

That was the intent of my original post.
BUS

Return to Around the Hilltop