PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Heard it here, first

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Heard it here, first

Postby Stallion » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 pm

mrydel wrote:Just like the upheaval when Katrina displaced Tulane?

I wish there was something we could do for them
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Stallion wrote:

I wish there was something we could do for them

Well, we could give them our list of recruits. Dam, I just spit my drink out my nose laughing.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:49 am

No question we have been burned badly in this kind of situation before, better SMU teams have lost games to weaker opponents, and I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to get their hopes up. However, when I look at Cincinnati and SMU I see teams headed the opposite way, the team picked to win the AAC title this year got blown out by Memphis, and seems to be deteriorating a bit more every day. The team that got blown out by North Texas is showing signs of improvement in their intensity, focus, and offensive execution. I’ve seen 3 of Cincy’s games on TV, and when I watch I get the feeling that we can play a competitive game with this group, they’re not going to blow us out. SMU is at home and had a bye week to rest and prepare. If SMU can stay in the game, I think the home field and extra prep time could be the deciding factors, especially if the game comes down to making a play in the final 30 seconds, the way it did last year.

There are only 3 teams in the FBS that have given up more points than SMU this year, and Cincy is one of them, This is the game where our offense should be able to find the endzone. If the offense can move consistently and give the Defense some rest time, then SNU will be able to stay in the game. That is all. Heard it here first.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby mrydel » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:44 am

I endorse your statement.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:39 pm

at least we may have helped Cincinnati turn their season around
Charleston Pony

Postby blackoutpony » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:44 pm

Lolololololollllloll
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Balatro Diabolus Ex wrote: No question we have been burned badly in this kind of situation before, better SMU teams have lost games to weaker opponents, and I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to get their hopes up. However, when I look at Cincinnati and SMU I see teams headed the opposite way, the team picked to win the AAC title this year got blown out by Memphis, and seems to be deteriorating a bit more every day. The team that got blown out by North Texas is showing signs of improvement in their intensity, focus, and offensive execution. I’ve seen 3 of Cincy’s games on TV, and when I watch I get the feeling that we can play a competitive game with this group, they’re not going to blow us out. SMU is at home and had a bye week to rest and prepare. If SMU can stay in the game, I think the home field and extra prep time could be the deciding factors, especially if the game comes down to making a play in the final 30 seconds, the way it did last year.

There are only 3 teams in the FBS that have given up more points than SMU this year, and Cincy is one of them, This is the game where our offense should be able to find the endzone. If the offense can move consistently and give the Defense some rest time, then SNU will be able to stay in the game. That is all. Heard it here first.

I guess you just can't listen to a devilish jester.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:48 pm

blackoutpony wrote:Lolololololollllloll

Yeah, i have to admit that didnt go as planned. I thought the team had made some progress, but today was a step backwards. They looked like the team that got blown out by UNT, again. SMU should have been able to move the ball against the worst defense in Division-1, but when open recievers drop balls that hit them in the chest, it doesnt matter how bad the opposing defense is. After seeming to make some improvements under Mason, SMU returned to gross ineptitude, today. The worst part is that our next opponent, Memphis, ran over that Cincinnati team like a freight train. Tulsa and Uconn are both pretty weak this year, but those are road games, so its hard to see any legitimate chances for a win, on the horizon.

At halftime I ran into Nacho at the concession stand, he told me that I'm not allowed to make predictions, anymore. Thats probably for the best.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Our defense did not play well either.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Don't feel bad about that prediction, Jon...just please don't predict big things for basketball this year
Charleston Pony

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Don't feel bad about that prediction, Jon...just please don't predict big things for basketball this year

:lol: I think he is fine with hoops. That is the area where he is best.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Previous

Return to Football