PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

When is the weigh in?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: When is the weigh in?

Postby Stallion » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:08 pm

Courtland would have started-we had some very good WRs but only one was a national top draft prospects

Anthony Smith
Gary Smith
Jackie Wilson
Bobby Leach
Ronald Morris went in about the 2nd Round (54th) of NFL Draft but had the drop-sies
Marquis Pleasant

Morris was the only one that might compare-Morris was faster and might have been better on a pass oriented team. World Class talent probably better than Courtland but Sutton is the better football player
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ojaipony » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:55 pm

Imagine this . . .

Courtland, Sanders, Bease, and I'd say Holman (his senior year) at wide receiver (and I'm going to go out and say right now that Trey Quinn will go on to join that group) with GG throwing to them and ED in the backfield. Oh my.
ojaipony

Postby mrydel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:06 pm

I always enjoyed Morris and Pleasant
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:29 pm

Stallion wrote:Courtland would have started-we had some very good WRs but only one was a national top draft prospects

Anthony Smith
Gary Smith
Jackie Wilson
Bobby Leach
Ronald Morris went in about the 2nd Round (54th) of NFL Draft but had the drop-sies
Marquis Pleasant

Morris was the only one that might compare-Morris was faster and might have been better on a pass oriented team. World Class talent probably better than Courtland but Sutton is the better football player

What about our only All-American, Emanuel Tolbert?

Sutton would have flourished under Mike Ford, he's better than any QB on our roster. Ford would have made him a sure-fire 1st round NFL pick. Of course he would have been underutilized in the Pony Express.
SoCal_Pony

Previous

Return to Football