PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SEC Coaching Situation

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SEC Coaching Situation

Postby Stallion » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:15 pm

If A&M job comes open-Morris is likely to leave-whether he gets the A&M job or not. He's not waiting around at SMU 4-5 years for the A&M job to reopen again. A&M will make a quick hire because they know the score in recruiting-they ain't going to sit around until Christmas like Baylor last year especially with the new December signing date. After A&M's quick hire-Morris will take another P5 offer if the Aggies reject him. Everyone is going to have to speed up the process or an entire recruiting class will decommit
Last edited by Stallion on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby OLEJACKETFAN » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:36 pm

I know Chad will not go to Baylor or Texas Tech. 100% sure! Texas A&M would be his top choice. His SMU record is not good enough to get the job unless he was to finish very strong. Probably need to go 3 & 1 rest of the way. I do think he would be a good fit at Arkansas. Im sure it really bothers him with the small Fan numbers at SMU. Also really makes it hard to recruit quality athletes. He has had more Fans at High School games dating back to Elysian Fields in the late 90s! I just don't see a good way to fix it!!
OLEJACKETFAN
Scout Team

Postby sbsmith » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:51 pm

OLEJACKETFAN wrote: Im sure it really bothers him with the small Fan numbers at SMU. Also really makes it hard to recruit quality athletes. He has had more Fans at High School games dating back to Elysian Fields in the late 90s! I just don't see a good way to fix it!!

The fix starts with our fans going to the games (instead of finding reasons not to) and staying until the end.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby peruna81 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:31 pm

sbsmith wrote:
OLEJACKETFAN wrote: Im sure it really bothers him with the small Fan numbers at SMU. Also really makes it hard to recruit quality athletes. He has had more Fans at High School games dating back to Elysian Fields in the late 90s! I just don't see a good way to fix it!!

The fix starts with our fans going to the games (instead of finding reasons not to) and staying until the end.

and marketing....to alumni and t-shirt fans...but alas, another year of coulda/woulda/shoulda.
BTW, the long-promised IPF would be a boost, too. I've got my $29.95 set aside to contribute...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:33 am

Stallion wrote:Houston Nutt has expressed interest in each and every opening

Had to chuckle this morning. Houston Nutt calls in to a local radio station every Wednesday morning and talks football. The subject of UALR came in their current study being done to determine if they should add football. If they did, their home games would of course be in Little Rock. Houston was asked if he would love to be running out into the field with the Little Rock team in War Memorial Stadium, and he readily started politicking for the job.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Previous

Return to Football