PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Arkansas 2018 recruiting class

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Arkansas 2018 recruiting class

Postby ericdickerson4life » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Can we just set up a new board on ponyfans for all the Arkansas talk? I don't like digging for it on the SMU boards. Although, if you just look at Stallion's latest posts, since HCCM's departure, it typically leads you right there.
ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Stallion wrote:You are in way over your head discussing recruiting.

See the No. 1 in his Profile?

9 SEC offers including BAMA, LSU, Georgia

22 P5 offers

Visits- Texas A&M, Arkansas, Florida. Louisville

https://247sports.com/player/dorian-gerald-86700

4 Star on ESPN-No. 4 rated JUCO in Country, No. 1 rated JUCO DE

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/foot ... ian-gerald

He’s the #1 JUCO DE in the country, according to 247- an attorney such as yourself should pay more attention to detail. I’m pretty sure Arkansas would’ve rather landed Xavier Thomas. And it’s funny hearing you call out others for their supposed lack of football knowledge- how’s Todd Dodge doing?
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dutch » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:45 pm

gohogs14 wrote:
You stopped before the 11-2 and 10-3 Sugar Bowl seasons lol. Bielema was statistically one of the worst coaches in Arkansas history. No one thinks they should be Alabama but they’re not Vanderbilt either. About the same as A&M historically.

As for the recruiting class this year, when you only sign 16 players it’s not going to rank very high. There is a recruit announcing tonight and if he goes to Arkansas the average player rating will be more around 9th in the SEC.

and to think, they still finished no higher than 3rd in the WEST division....EVER...since joining the SEC, including those 11-2 & 10-3 seasons.

as for recruiting, take the number of commits out of it and use composite average grade/player. then they jump all the way up to 11th in the SEC.

Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gohogs14 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Dutch wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:
You stopped before the 11-2 and 10-3 Sugar Bowl seasons lol. Bielema was statistically one of the worst coaches in Arkansas history. No one thinks they should be Alabama but they’re not Vanderbilt either. About the same as A&M historically.

As for the recruiting class this year, when you only sign 16 players it’s not going to rank very high. There is a recruit announcing tonight and if he goes to Arkansas the average player rating will be more around 9th in the SEC.

and to think, they still finished no higher than 3rd in the WEST division....EVER...since joining the SEC, including those 11-2 & 10-3 seasons.

They won the west three times, twice under Nutt, and finished 2nd in 2010 so not sure where you got that from
gohogs14
Scout Team

Postby mrydel » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:06 pm

Also, if you will read the thread title it kind of mentions it might be about Arkansas recruiting.

I had to laugh this morning when the sports guys here said while Chad was making his talk in Little Rock that he was interrupted by a phone call from the highly rated JC recruit. Didn’t he coincidentally get interrupted by a phone call at SMU under the same circumstance?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Dutch » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:32 pm

gohogs14 wrote:
Dutch wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:

They won the west three times, twice under Nutt, and finished 2nd in 2010 so not sure where you got that from

my bad, i was remembering final AP rankings. in 06 they did win the west, but were still ranked in the polls behind LSU and Auburn.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Julian Grendel » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:42 pm

mrydel wrote:Also, if you will read the thread title it kind of mentions it might be about Arkansas recruiting.

I had to laugh this morning when the sports guys here said while Chad was making his talk in Little Rock that he was interrupted by a phone call from the highly rated JC recruit. Didn’t he coincidentally get interrupted by a phone call at SMU under the same circumstance?

more than once
Julian Grendel
Junior Varsity

Postby oilpony » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:47 pm

Seriously, who the [deleted] cares how Chad recruits at Arkansas?
oilpony
All-American

Postby mrydel » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:04 pm

oilpony wrote:Seriously, who the [deleted] cares how Chad recruits at Arkansas?

I do. I have to listen to people talk about it here everyday. It is fun. If they love what he is doing I explain to them how he sucks. If they are upset with him I tell them how great he is. Pretty soon I will have the whole state at war.
mrydel

Postby smitty329 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:06 pm

This topic is like, when I driving in my car
smitty329
All-American

Postby peruna81 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:43 pm

mrydel wrote:
oilpony wrote:Seriously, who the [deleted] cares how Chad recruits at Arkansas?

I do. I have to listen to people talk about it here everyday. It is fun. If they love what he is doing I explain to them how he sucks. If they are upset with him I tell them how great he is. Pretty soon I will have the whole state at war.

Subversive, while still sensitive to the speaker at hand...nicely done!
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:36 pm

We follow a lot of our former players so why not coaches? I was aware of Morris but really got interested in him when he went from Tulsa to Clemson and was thrilled when he took the SMU job. I wish him nothing but success at Arkansas but hope Sonny shows us all that he can do just as well here at SMU and that he can do it faster. I still (and will always) believe Chad was anxious to bail on SMU because he feared this team would take a step backwards next year and not have a winning season.
Charleston Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Dutch wrote:Image

Surprised nobody has commented on this picture.

I always feel the appeal of SMU is it’s location. Big City and relatively speaking, Cosmopolitan.

Looking at chad reminds me that for some, the Hillbilly way of life is actually preferable.

Soooie Pig!!!!!!
SoCal_Pony

Postby mrydel » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:23 pm

Some of us in Arkansas have most of our teeth and we recently got paved roads.
mrydel

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:46 pm

He looks like a complete Doofus in that picture, but he also looks content. If so, more power to him.

The problem is chad is such a huckster you really have no idea.
SoCal_Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football