PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Will They Come Home?

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Will They Come Home?

Postby mustangxc » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 am

Cade Cunningham is class of 2020 so our chances of landing him may increase if we are fortunate enough to sign a stout class in 2019.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:36 am

Are we targeting Cade in any serious way? His brother works right down the street at Highland Park Middle School.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sacklunch » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Would have been great to land Harris, Maxey, and Timme who all play on the same aau team.

Not getting Chris Harris makes me nervous that missing out on Maxey is a real possibility for us.

Maxey not coming to SMU would be nothing short of a complete recruiting disaster for next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sacklunch
Varsity

Postby The Falcon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:02 am

[quote="sacklunch"]
Maxey not coming to SMU would be nothing short of a complete recruiting disaster for next year

Maxey can't come to SMU next year because he is only a high school junior. I would agree with you that it certainly would sting if his own dad can't recruit him for SMU. On the other hand, he is being courted by most of the blue blood basketball schools and you never know what a 16 or 17 yr old
young man might do. He could certainly make a name for himself by coming to SMU and trending our program up again. But - maybe he wants to get away from home and star for one of the perrenial powers. I'm sure he doesn't see himself sitting on the bench waiting his turn among a bunch of McDonald All Americans. He has the world by the tail right now and it will be interesting to see how he handles it.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby Otto » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:42 am

If he goes elsewhere, it's only a disaster depending on where he goes. If he opts for Kentucky or Villanova, it's hard to fault him, even with his dad on the schedule. If he bypasses SMU to go to someplace like UTSA or TCU or Central Arkansas, then yes, it's a disaster.

Let's sign him and avoid the problem altogether.
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Postby sacklunch » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:54 pm

Otto wrote:If he goes elsewhere, it's only a disaster depending on where he goes. If he opts for Kentucky or Villanova, it's hard to fault him, even with his dad on the schedule. If he bypasses SMU to go to someplace like UTSA or TCU or Central Arkansas, then yes, it's a disaster.

Let's sign him and avoid the problem altogether.

I would never fault the kid...I would fault Jank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sacklunch
Varsity

Postby The Falcon » Fri May 04, 2018 6:08 pm

Of course I have mentioned this before but Jank has a young son who played shooting guard for Dallas Jesuit the past couple of years. He has been outstanding on a team that played in
the 6A UIL regional quarterfinals. In one game he hit 30 points and had 10 boards. Because his
dad works for SMU he could get an SMU dependent of an employee stipend, he could play for SMU without using a basketball scholarship which would really help our depth situation. Sometimes father/son connections don't work well relative to playing sports. I wonder what they talk about?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
I know several on this board would disagree with what I am about to say - but -

I still think it would help our depth a great deal if young Jank would come to SMU. He
would not use a scholarship and I think he would continue to grow into a very good backup.
He is rated as a two star but had credible numbers playing for a fairly good Jesuit team here
in Dallas. He has not committed yet and is a senior.
The Falcon
All-American

Previous

Return to Recruiting