PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Six players

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Six players

Postby PonyLawExpress » Sun May 28, 2017 3:47 pm

Terry Webster wrote:Can we really count Agua for 2018-2019? Doesn't he need ncaa okey dokey for a 6th season?

He does need the NCAA approval, but Agau feels good about getting a 6th season. From everything I've heard I would say it is more likely than not he gets an extra season.

Our 2018 season lineup could be really exciting. McMurray could decide to test, but as was said being undersized and only playing one semester I doubt he goes pro after a half-season when he would start and play much more during senior year. He still has multiple things he needs to develop in addition to his scoring.

As ECM said, Douglas seems to have a higher ceiling and is much more polished. Landrum was very much a volume scorer in HS. He needs to become more disciplined and much more consistent of a shooter before you can expect him to be a starter or big minute guy. We are also in it for a few real good 2018 prospects.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun May 28, 2017 6:03 pm

PonyLawExpress wrote:
Terry Webster wrote:Can we really count Agua for 2018-2019? Doesn't he need ncaa okey dokey for a 6th season?

As ECM said, Douglas seems to have a higher ceiling and is much more polished. Landrum was very much a volume scorer in HS. He needs to become more disciplined and much more consistent of a shooter before you can expect him to be a starter or big minute guy. We are also in it for a few real good 2018 prospects.

Douglas is going to be a stud for us. Great kid from a military family with a great work ethic. I cant wait to see him play- he's everything we want from a student athlete on and off the court, and the offers he had (Marquette, FSU, Michigan, Oregon) speak to the kind of talent he has
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangxc » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:49 pm

18/19 (11 scholarships)
FR Hunt
SO Landrum, Ray, Chargois, Douglas, Mike
JR Whitt
SR Foster, McMurray

So we now have at least 2 open scholarships for next season right? or is Agau still contemplating a return?
mustangxc

Postby Pony_Law » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:20 am

Young is committed and I think gets a scholly is available. They are recruiting 2 guards and I would be surprised if we are trying to get another big.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyLawExpress » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:35 pm

Pony_Law wrote:Young is committed and I think gets a scholly is available. They are recruiting 2 guards and I would be surprised if we are trying to get another big.

Young will probably get a schollie when we get off restrictions. He is a good prospect. He has a higher ceiling than an Everett Ray. Also, has a lower floor. He is real athletic and has a good motor so he already has that going for him.

It sure doesn’t seem that we are going after another Big very hard. If Jarrey stays in the draft we might go for a grad-transfer big or Wing/Big. Emphasis seems to be on adding another guard or two.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Couldn't help but come back to this thread simply because of the title...looking like it's possible we could have only 6 scholarship players returning from last year's roster (depending on whether Jarrey returns). Looks like only McMurray, Whitt, Douglas, Mike, Chargois & Ray after news of Landrum's moving on). I'm assuming Jarrey will be back so there is still a lot of work to be done and a challenge ahead to build next year's team chemistry.
Charleston Pony

Postby RI Stang » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:08 pm

So much activity on the trail right now in all areas (HS, Juco, Transfers & Grad Transfers) but hard to remain patient and certainly some good news sure would be nice.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby mustangxc » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Hopefully we can add 1 transfer and 2 jucos or 1 transfer 1 juco and have Akoy come back.
mustangxc

Postby mustangxc » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:33 am

18/19 (11 scholarships)
FR Hunt
JR Whitt
SR Foster, McMurray, Dixon

So now the Agau is gone, we have one open scholarship for next season right? Let's hope Jordan Lathon commits soon. If he does we will be a very good team next season.
mustangxc

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:11 am

mustangxc wrote:18/19 (11 scholarships)
FR Hunt
JR Whitt

So now the Agau is gone, we have one open scholarship for next season right? Let's hope Jordan Lathon commits soon. If he does we will be a very good team next season.

Landrum is gone, too.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Postby mustangxc » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:32 pm

H-E-B Mustang wrote:
FR Hunt
SO Ray, Chargois, Douglas, Mike
JR Whitt

Landrum is gone, too.

That's right! I forgot to remove his name from the list. So we have two scholarships to give now right?
mustangxc

Postby PonyLawExpress » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:37 pm

mustangxc wrote:
H-E-B Mustang wrote:
FR Hunt
SO Ray, Chargois, Douglas, Mike
JR Whitt

Landrum is gone, too.

That's right! I forgot to remove his name from the list. So we have two scholarships to give now right?

Yes. We have two schollies to give. Jordan Lathon isn’t an option anymore. We are still looking to add a Pg though.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:55 pm

Isn’t there one committed freshman who isn’t taking a scholarship this year?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby PonyLawExpress » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:11 am

PonySnob wrote:Isn’t there one committed freshman who isn’t taking a scholarship this year?

Yes. Jahmar Young is walking on this season. Great get by Jank. Has a lot of potential to be a good player here if he develops.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby mustangxc » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:32 am

19/20 (13 scholarships)
FR McBride, Cook
SO Hunt, Young, White, Ray (RS), Bandoumel
JR Chargois, Douglas, Mike, Jasey
SR

With a big push for Jolly and Sherman who would both come in as sophomores or juniors it seems like we need to force some attrition just to balance the roster. Otherwise we won't have any scholarships to give for the 2020 class. I love the prospect of adding the Jolly and Sherman but still think we would need to balance our classes better.
mustangxc

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball