PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sterling Police Update

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Sterling Police Update

Postby Harry0569 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:45 pm

New footage.

Just disgusting. All of those police officers should have been fired.

https://sports.yahoo.com/video-shows-mi ... 53832.html
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponypatrick » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:29 pm

ojaipony wrote:Well, that was hard to watch. The second the cop rolled up on him and gave him a nudge to back up, all bets are off. Just give the guy a ticket for parking across a few spots (which is stupid really - no one else is there and I'm sure they have better things to do) and be on your way. 2 squad cars coming in blazing with their lights/sirens, etc? Are you kidding me?

It was gut wrenching seeing them put my man on the ground like that and tase him. Such BS. And of course the PC crowd will say, 'listen to cops, do what they say, etc etc' but we can't say 'it's a free country' with this kind of BS. Sterling was simply coming out of the store and going to his car door and the cop got all high and mighty. It was late, I'm sure he was tired, etc. This just all sickens me. The cops get whatever disciplinary action they deserve (which probably isn't enough). A bunch of power hungry morons.

I'm beginning my seventh decade on this earth and I've seen a lot of law enforcement , some of it up close and
personal. I have seen and dealt with all kinds of officers , from exemplary to pathetically dangerous. Way too many
fall on the negative side of the scale. I have observed racist cops first hand on three different occasions in my lifetime.
First, as a teenager in the 60's ; then midlife in the 90's; and finally blatant harassment of a black lady who worked
for me in 2008. Anyone who thinks rampant police racism is not still a problem has their head up their a _ _ !

Sadly , the idiot we have in the White House continues to make matters worse.
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:52 pm

Ok
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Harry0569 wrote:New footage.

Just disgusting. All of those police officers should have been fired.

https://sports.yahoo.com/video-shows-mi ... 53832.html

What f***kwads.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Bergermeister » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:52 pm

ponypatrick wrote: Sadly , the idiot we have in the White House continues to make matters worse.

You're fired! :lol:
Bergermeister

Postby ponyboy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:03 pm

ponypatrick wrote: Sadly , the idiot we have in the White House continues to make matters worse.

How so?
ponyboy

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Bergermeister wrote:

You're fired! :lol:

Well.... he just fired the Eagles. :lol:
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby FriscoPMG » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:20 pm

This link was included in the Yahoo article, but props to Sterling on his interview with Robin Roberts on Good Morning America...
https://sports.yahoo.com/sterling-brown-recounts-police-misconduct-vows-hold-officers-accountable-152636983.html
FriscoPMG
All-American

Postby PoconoPony » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:14 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:
PoconoPony wrote:Cops simply do not show up at 2 AM to enforce handicapped parking space violations on private property. It appears obvious to me that someone in the store called the cops based on some issue in the store and/or suspecting that he was going to rob the store based on the "get away" positioning of his car parked at the front door across the 3 parking spaces and heading out. Why did Sterling not follow their initial commands thereby creating/escalating the situation???? This situation does not happen if he follows instructions and alleviates their concerns.

No assumptions made here. And way to give the benefit of the doubt to our own, someone who’s father is a cop, and someone who has never been in trouble ever. Great that you know what is like to be in Sterling’s position in that situation.[/quoteF

I spent over 30 years a a federal law enforcement officer and worked the streets in LA, SF, Portland and NYC. I think I have a very good idea of situations and the reasons things happen. I repeat, cops do not waste their time (and may not even have jurisdiction in many communities) enforcing handicapped parking on private property @ 2 AM without something else happening such as a phone call of concern which also involved backup units responding.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:09 pm

PoconoPony wrote:
I spent over 30 years a a federal law enforcement officer and worked the streets in LA, SF, Portland and NYC. I think I have a very good idea of situations and the reasons things happen. I repeat, cops do not waste their time (and may not even have jurisdiction in many communities) enforcing handicapped parking on private property @ 2 AM without something else happening such as a phone call of concern which also involved backup units responding.

If the call was for a major concern, why did they initially send only the one guy and not roll up with all 6? Did they figure the guy was ex Army Ranger and could handle himself against a bad scenario?

#TrueFacts: The responding officer was over-aggressive(confirmed by internal review), he lied about Sterling's behavior to the others that arrived making them be on edge, the 2nd set of videos showing p1ss poor atitude and standing on his ankle for no reason after he'd been dropped/tazed/cuffed and was never a threat, Mr. Money Money Money celebrating his OT pay for dropping one of our own for no reason, and Mr. "Oh Boo Hoo he's gonna make a complaint and everyone's gonna call us racist bleh bleh bleh" guy nailing it on the head with no sense of irony.

Here's your chance to gather some facts. Use your Liam Neeson elite set of skills and put an FOIA request on all police calls that day and see if the store made one to report anyone that day much less after midnight. I'll wait.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:25 pm

One Trick Pony

Postby malonish » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:07 am

One Trick Pony wrote:Image

Reason #3495623490568 he's gonna get paid big Bucks.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:19 am

And he should. It's really hard for cops to be cool to anybody they need to work on that.

He cleans up nice.

One Trick Pony

Postby malonish » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:04 pm

Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUguy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:59 pm

I saw an article (looking for link) that said no matter how successful a player he becomes, he has a chance to make a much bigger social and cultural impact. It said an entire generation, even those who don't follow sports, could end up knowing his name for years.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball