PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Oh poor Chad Morris

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Oh poor Chad Morris

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Well the bottom tens out and mr. Frost is number one and mr. Morris is number 3.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... -bottom-10
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Kelly Bryant benched at Clemson just in time to take a RS season and transfer to another school for his senior season. Think Chad might be interested in him?
Charleston Pony

Oh poor Chad Morris

Postby mrydel » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:49 pm

I still say unless he is a grad transfer he has to sit a season (or go FCS). You cannot take you year sit out at another school. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby White Helmet » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:52 pm

mrydel wrote:I still say unless he is a grad transfer he has to sit a season (or go FCS). You cannot take you year sit out at another school. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

He is a senior so Im assuming he would be a grad transfer.
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby leopold » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:24 pm

Even if he isn't technically a senior he can pull a Garrett Gilbert and make up the classes he needs in a spring and summer.

On the one hand, I can totally see him going to Arkansas due to what I would assume is a relationship with Chad, but not only is Arkansas is losing quite a bit this year from it's current offensive weapons they are going to have two returning QB's - he's going to want an almost surefire place to play.

My guess is LSU picks up ANOTHER QB transfer.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:24 pm

White Helmet wrote:
mrydel wrote:I still say unless he is a grad transfer he has to sit a season (or go FCS). You cannot take you year sit out at another school. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

I agree. I just hear a lot of people here (not Ponyfans) saying they can take the redshirt after 4 games and go anywhere without sitting out and that just is not true.
mrydel

Postby gohogs14 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:31 pm

leopold wrote: not only is Arkansas is losing quite a bit this year from it's current offensive weapons they are going to have two returning QB's

What weapons? :lol:

One of the QBs will likely be asked to transfer and 99% chance the other would not beat out Bryant in that system. I think he would just be used as a one-year stopgap to get the younger QBs some seasoning before starting them in the future.
gohogs14
Scout Team

Postby mrydel » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Arkansas loses nothing of value after this year. If Bryant was a grad transfer and went to Arkansas today he would start on Saturday. I doubt little Jerry Jones will beat him out.
mrydel

Postby DiamondM75 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:28 pm

mrydel wrote:
White Helmet wrote:

I agree. I just hear a lot of people here (not Ponyfans) saying they can take the redshirt after 4 games and go anywhere without sitting out and that just is not true.

If you play in 4 games or less, you can red shirt and transfer, but, you still have to sit out a year. What you gain is the extra year of eligibility.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:11 pm

DiamondM75 wrote:
mrydel wrote:
White Helmet wrote:[quote="mrydel"]I still say unless he is a grad transfer he has to sit a season (or go FCS). You cannot take you year sit out at another school. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

If you play in 4 games or less, you can red shirt and transfer, but, you still have to sit out a year. What you gain is the extra year of eligibility.[/quote]

Yup, article states:

“Bryant started the first four games this season but split time with Lawrence. With the new redshirting rules this season, Bryant, a senior, has an opportunity to transfer to another school with one year of eligibility remaining because he played in only four games this season. The new rule states that players who participate in four games or fewer can retain the season of eligibility.”
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:30 pm

mrydel wrote:Arkansas loses nothing of value after this year. If Bryant was a grad transfer and went to Arkansas today he would start on Saturday. I doubt little Jerry Jones will beat him out.

john Stephens Jones will not beat anyone out of playing time. Dude is 5'9. Fine for scrappy HS QB - but SEC west? never.
gostangs

Postby leopold » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:10 pm

mrydel wrote:Arkansas loses nothing of value after this year. If Bryant was a grad transfer and went to Arkansas today he would start on Saturday. I doubt little Jerry Jones will beat him out.

Their top receiver has already announced he’s transferring- we actually ought to call him - and he’s going to lose three linemen to graduation. He’d most likely start, but he would have no help.
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:09 pm

That “top receiver” has caught one pass for -2 yards this year. I think Arkansas will manage. He is leaving because just the addition of Woods recruited over him.
mrydel

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:35 pm

In Bryant's case, he's already a grad student:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... hirt-rule/
Charleston Pony

Postby leopold » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:33 pm

Arky losing a LB now:

https://www.secrant.com/arkansas-sports ... /79026733/

Another we might wanna look at.
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend