PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Memphis Claims Possible Best Class Ever

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Memphis Claims Possible Best Class Ever

Postby max the wonder dog » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:41 pm

Per story in the Memphis Commercial Appeal https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/football/2018/10/31/memphis-football-recruiting-tigers-2019-class-best-mike-norvell-aac/1804406002/

SMU's class is ranked higher by both 247 (#52 vs #55) and Rivals (#43 vs #49).

There's likely to be attrition and late adds, but no matter who ends up as #1, this is good news for the Mustangs.
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Re: Memphis Claims Possible Best Class Ever

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:53 pm

It's good for the entire AAC and hopefully all our teams will improve to the point we can go head to head with P5 opponents in our non-conference schedules. Memphis has done their part in recent years as have several of the larger public schools in our conference. The AAC really needs it's lower division schools to step up their games. Our lower level programs have been an embarrassment in the non-conference and we are killing our conference champion's chances of getting any respect nationally.

Oh...and when I saw the title of this post, I assumed it was a reference to their bball recruiting under Penny Hardaway
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby max the wonder dog » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:28 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:It's good for the entire AAC and hopefully all our teams will improve to the point we can go head to head with P5 opponents in our non-conference schedules. Memphis has done their part in recent years as have several of the larger public schools in our conference. The AAC really needs it's lower division schools to step up their games. Our lower level programs have been an embarrassment in the non-conference and we are killing our conference champion's chances of getting any respect nationally.

Oh...and when I saw the title of this post, I assumed it was a reference to their bball recruiting under Penny Hardaway

I think it's just a matter of time before we see that same headline for Memphis basketball. By all reports Penny is killing it when it comes to recruiting.
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:39 pm

max the wonder dog wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:It's good for the entire AAC and hopefully all our teams will improve to the point we can go head to head with P5 opponents in our non-conference schedules. Memphis has done their part in recent years as have several of the larger public schools in our conference. The AAC really needs it's lower division schools to step up their games. Our lower level programs have been an embarrassment in the non-conference and we are killing our conference champion's chances of getting any respect nationally.

I think it's just a matter of time before we see that same headline for Memphis basketball. By all reports Penny is killing it when it comes to recruiting.

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyTime » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Will be interesting to see how the old Memphis team fares playing in the Big 12 up in Lawrence, Kansas.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:15 am

SMU and fans should complain to Rivals about putting "SMU" instead of the Mustang logo. It makes 247 look that much better.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Recruiting