PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

RICK HART: Where in the HELL are our FANS --- STUDENTS????

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: RICK HART: Where in the HELL are our FANS --- STUDENTS

Postby ponyscott » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:35 am

One Trick Pony wrote:
ponyscott wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:.Image

HA..I BOUGHT THOSE TICKETS..SEATS 1 AND 2

Did you get Miller Club entrance with them?

Those red seats are horrifically uncomfortable for big guys

It doesn't say on the ticket...but once I am down there i can move around anyway.
ponyscott
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:49 am

ponyscott wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:
ponyscott wrote:[quote="One Trick Pony"].Image

HA..I BOUGHT THOSE TICKETS..SEATS 1 AND 2

Did you get Miller Club entrance with them?

Those red seats are horrifically uncomfortable for big guys

It doesn't say on the ticket...but once I am down there i can move around anyway.[/quote]
Groovy
One Trick Pony

Postby longbuzzer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:59 am

I liked my PE classes. Didn’t know a major in PE leads to an AD job. What about a seat in Congress?
longbuzzer
Junior Varsity

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:17 pm

longbuzzer wrote:I liked my PE classes. Didn’t know a major in PE leads to an AD job. What about a seat in Congress?

A PE degree over-qualifies you for that.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby PonyKai » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Mexmustang wrote:Rick Hart needs to leave, plain and simple. He is simply not qualified, never was, he a graduate of UNC but with a PE major? His academic credentials are only exceeded by one Gerald Turner's in their lack substance in the entire univesity. Even his prior boss at UTC said he was over his head when he came here. Within 18 months of his leaving for SMU, UTC replaced his head football coach, MBB and WBB.

He is SMU's only AD in my lifetime, certainly since the DP to have absolutely no D-1 athletic participation nor coaching experience. He has no contacts in the Texas athletic community and would be incapable of getting SMU to be teed up if the Big 12 were to open up. Let's see Orsini, was a CPA, worked for a major accounting firm, the former AD at UCF (or was it USF, I can't recall)a graduate of Notre Dame and played and lettered on the Notre Dame football team, while at SMU began the Circle of Champions allowing us to actually pay a football coach over %400,000. Ricky Boy is a P/E major, that's all, that's it plain and simple. Best accomplishment at SMU, declining season ticket sales at Ford, cancellation of the annual pre-season football banquet (luncheon), major drop in student attendance at both Ford and Moody, the drastic decline in basketball attendance. Worse still, no man since Pye has done more harm SMU athletics, I never believed the 1,500 hundred loyal athletic fans that keep SMU's dream alive would abandon the program and feel disenfranchised! Here's to you Ricky Boy, I hope when your contract is over just as you treated a number of our coaches, including one with 25 years of dedication, no good bye, no acknowledgment and certainly no retirement benefits.

Rick has provided no marketing initiatives to fill Ford and now is incapable of filling Moody. He acts as though he is not responsible, its the fans fault. Well Ricky Boy, no one has pissed off so many long time ticket holder so quickly. Stallion, what happens if we do turn the football program around for a year and he decides to re-seat between the 20's putting you on the 10 yard line? You would feel betrayed for all those frustrating years of attendance. Well, that's how basketball fans feel now! But, what people forget, its not just basketball that they abandoned, its football and all other former giving to the university. My entire row in the Stadium Club opted out this year--of both sports. You little man!

He had an opportunity to re-sign LB and played cute--offering a multi-year contract with a declining salary. Larry simply told little Ricky to take a hike. Let me make this clear, LB would still be here if Rick had been a man.

His push back to the NCAA was simply non-existent. He neither defended or backed LB nor simply told the NCAA to crawl back in their hole. Instead we self-report and do our own forensic investigation of the school's servers to discover the source of the high school work.

Any other school would have challenged our penalties and played in the tournament that year. We all know Syracuse got off much lighter than SMU because of some artificial timing differential in the academic rules, but everyone ignores that in addition to academic fraud at the university, not high school, that two of their players were also caught being paid $7,000 each for non existent charity work in addition to the academic fraud.

Do I need to remind you how a real basketball school handled a much bigger academic problem, they came after the NCAA with top gun attorneys and blew them off. Oh, Rick that was your alma mater UNC wasn't it?

Should we dare mention the shoe payment debacle and the lack of all the schools that have been penalized? Huh, we don't really want to win. A losing program, declining attendance all because of a loser was hired to be our AD. An AD that won't stand up for his coaches or programs against our lifetime Administrator.

I would remind everyone that the last re-seat was his second, not his first. He f'kd up the first and tried to correct it with the second--what an idiot. Well, Ricky Boy, we are not idiots and we don't trust you to competently handle your job!

Ricky Boy has five direct reports. Two are married to one another, Head of Athletic Admissions and Eligibility and NCAA compliance. Two eager beavers that have given us the most sanctioned program in the NCAA. Ricky Boy can you spell nepotism? Pretty insulting when you take an admission's officer on your HC recruiting search trips. Never heard of a search committee not including a single alumni or former player, but includes a staff member? Rick who are you afraid of? This monster that you have permitted to exist?

Once more, we can't get rid of our lifetime Administrator, but we can get his lacky fired. Fire Ricky Boy, he's the last person than can recruit Jank's replacement!

Oh look Alex Jones decided to dabble in SMU athletics again. Did we ever get to the bottom of the water making all the frogs turn gay?
PonyKai

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:57 pm

I read the entire treatise, and I'm glad I did for this, if nothing else :

-by "search committee" I assume you mean, among other things, football. It's already been pointed out once that Richie Butler was on the search committee and was a letterman..not to mention Harvard grad, self made in the financial world and single handedly resurrected a struggling church in downtown Dallas.

-As for the LB contract, do we all really believe any contract was proffered that wasn't first signed off on if not put forth by David Miller?
Last edited by RGV Pony on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RGV Pony

Postby Dutch » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:23 pm

used to be 2 wrote:Well summarized and well said.

i really hope you're not talking about Mex's post. if you are, you two deserve each other. there is so much factually wrong with his entire post it would take even longer to type up corrections, so i'm not going to waste my time typing it or anyone else's time reading a rebuttal.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby used to be 2 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:36 pm

Dutch, could you give me your version of the facts have resulted in "Where in the HELL are our FANS --STUDENTS.
used to be 2
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:45 pm

Mexmustang's MO is to throw so many incorrect facts together in one long narrative that it exhausts people from spending the ridiculous amount of time it takes to rebut his repeated mis-statements. Many of us have demonstrated this clearly on this and other boards

Its simply a waste of time because even though you prove his facts wrong he'll keep saying the incorrect facts for years. He's the crazy uncle at Thanksgiving dinner
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby PonyKai » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:52 pm

used to be 2 wrote:Dutch, could you give me your version of the facts have resulted in "Where in the HELL are our FANS --STUDENTS.

Thumbnail sketch:

*Larry rocks, obviously ran a loose ship.

*We get in trouble.

*Discussing new deal, SMU wants protection, Larry balks, leaves like he has for every. single. job. he. has. ever. had. and. where. we. all. knew. he. would. leave. from. here.

*Jank takes over. People expect him to do certain things well, screw up other things.

*To everyone's surprise, Jank screws up things we thought he'd do well.

*SMU adjusts pricing for revenue sport for the first time in 30 years. What it does is reasonable. What it does is in line with other schools. What it does is not objectionable.

*SMU screws up communications re. aforementioned price adjustment. Rick not good at interpersonal skills. SMU fans upset.

*Jank, realizing he can't recruit, and that he hasn't learned enough about coaching from LB, schedules an OOC so insanely, outrageously bad in an effort to pad his win total and get an extension.

*Team sucks against ridiculously bad competition. Bad D, no real offense, loses 3 inexcusable games.

*Hideously, laughably bad home schedule + bad play on the court + anger stemming from price adjustment (followed by gaarbage schedule) + talent filtering out of program + the fact that Jank induces excitement like a soggy piece of wonderbread with a Just For Men endorsement deal = fans not showing up.
PonyKai

Postby ObeyMyDog » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:03 pm

that is pretty much dead on
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:26 pm

PonyKai wrote:Thumbnail sketch:

*Larry rocks, obviously ran a loose ship.

*We get in trouble.

*Discussing new deal, SMU wants protection, Larry balks, leaves like he has for every. single. job. he. has. ever. had. and. where. we. all. knew. he. would. leave. from. here.

*Jank takes over. People expect him to do certain things well, screw up other things.

*To everyone's surprise, Jank screws up things we thought he'd do well.

*SMU adjusts pricing for revenue sport for the first time in 30 years. What it does is reasonable. What it does is in line with other schools. What it does is not objectionable.

*SMU screws up communications re. aforementioned price adjustment. Rick not good at interpersonal skills. SMU fans upset.

*Jank, realizing he can't recruit, and that he hasn't learned enough about coaching from LB, schedules an OOC so insanely, outrageously bad in an effort to pad his win total and get an extension.

*Team sucks against ridiculously bad competition. Bad D, no real offense, loses 3 inexcusable games.

*Hideously, laughably bad home schedule + bad play on the court + anger stemming from price adjustment (followed by gaarbage schedule) + talent filtering out of program + the fact that Jank induces excitement like a soggy piece of wonderbread with a Just For Men endorsement deal = fans not showing up.

I wonder under different circumstances if an AD would have protected LB more and ‘just let him coach’. My gut tells me yes. Mex says we self-reported and did our own forensic investigation of the school's servers to discover the source of the high school work. I wonder how many other schools would be so forthright. UNC, apparently not.

LB does always leave, but this situation was a little different. He had kids here and he’s getting up in years.

That of course is now water under the bridge. My concern is going forward.

Pony Kai, what do you think it will take to get Jank fired?
SoCal_Pony

Postby redpony » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:27 pm

which begs the question- will David Miller et al permit this disaster to continue beyond seasons end or will they step up and protect their investment by dumping Jank and hiring a top level coach with skins on the wall? With an added bonus of getting a new AD.
redpony

Postby used to be 2 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:31 pm

Looks like its Miller Time.

I'll drink to that.
used to be 2
Junior Varsity

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:53 pm

The lottery type re seat was more than a price adjustment because moved people from their old seats to worse seats. And they had gone up on the prices the previous year so it was not the first time in 30 years they had gone up in seat prices.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball