PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jank nearly goes off the rails postgame

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jank nearly goes off the rails postgame

Postby skyscraper » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:52 pm

For the first time this season, Jank was challenged a bit in postgame by a reporter. Watching his face and his answers make me think he's gonna lose it halfway through conference play if they keep sucking.
My favorite part was when he was asked when SMU can get back to TCU's level.
"I don't believe TCU is on probation. Am I correct? Right. They're not on probation, and we are on probation and we've been on probation the entire time I've been here -- which is again, the most scholarships ever taken away from a college basketball team, EVER. And somehow I guess we'll be judged as if everything is hunky dory."
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Jank nearly goes off the rails postgame

Postby ObeyMyDog » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:57 pm

What a loser..... this would be a fine answer if he wasn't giving his golden scholarships to recruits literally nobody else wants. His anger becomes nonsensical at that point and honestly he's yelling at himself
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:What a loser..... this would be a fine answer if he wasn't giving his golden scholarships to recruits literally nobody else wants. His anger becomes nonsensical at that point and honestly he's yelling at himself

Bingo
SoCal_Pony

Postby tristatecoog » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:59 pm

I remember when SMU was playing with just 6 or 7 players including Wilfong and yet still in contention for postseason.

14 Ponies on the roster. 10 have had playing time. 8 have played in every game, including the last four for Jarrey.

Houston has ten players with more than one game of playing time. 7 have played in every game.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Losers make excuses.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:44 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:Losers make excuses.

9 steps?
One Trick Pony

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:28 pm

his radio interview last night was cringe worthy. Talking about how proud he was of the team for how hard they played..."but shots just weren't falling". And "TCU is a really really really good team".

Maybe our shots weren't falling because we played 1 on 5 hero ball for 40 minutes???
Pony ^

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:58 pm

I don’t think TCU is that good. But we will see once they get into conference play. They also lost to Lipscomb.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:11 pm

Pony ^ wrote:his radio interview last night was cringe worthy. Talking about how proud he was of the team for how hard they played..."but shots just weren't falling". And "TCU is a really really really good team".

Maybe our shots weren't falling because we played 1 on 5 hero ball for 40 minutes???

We'll see how good they are when they get into Big XII play. They did lose on their home court to Lipscomb and don't look any better than Bradley to me, but I do agree our guys played with more defensive intensity in the 1st half last night than we've seen all year.
Charleston Pony

Postby JasonB » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:41 pm

Pony ^ wrote:his radio interview last night was cringe worthy. Talking about how proud he was of the team for how hard they played..."but shots just weren't falling". And "TCU is a really really really good team".

I was really not impressed with that radio interview. Left a bad taste in my mouth. I understand he is being judged while he had a hand tied behind his back, but he knows that a big recruiting class this year would turn it around very quickly.
JasonB

Postby mustangxc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:49 pm

I hope he does manage to land a pair of top 150 players, some solid jucos, and some great transfers. Unfortunately the last couple recruiting classes have not been very good. Chargois and Hunt are great additions but we need more players like them in order to compete.
mustangxc

Postby smubrooks » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:00 am

I actually don’t like having players like McMurray on the team, kills the flow!
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:16 am

He does not have one hand tied behind his back. He can still recruit and coach. Problem is he has only had marginal success at either with his own players.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Whitwiki Pony » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:16 am

smubrooks wrote:

I actually don’t like having players like McMurray on the team, kills the flow!
mcmurray is the worst type of player - he has no concept how to deliver within the confines of the offense. When pressure ramps up he tries to take fade-away step back threes. LB would bench his [deleted] all the way back to Florida.
Whitwiki Pony
Scout Team

Postby redpony » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:50 am

having a limit on schollies doesn't prohibit jank from recruiting top level players. the failure to have a good well coached team is on him.
I just hope Miller et al see the problem and are willing to remedy it before it will require a total rebuild.
redpony

Next

Return to Basketball