PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Shake Moody

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Shake Moody

Postby TidePony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:42 pm

If they wanted a chant, it needed to be taught first and retaught until people learn it (like at the first game), and then it will become organic.

1. In order to do this right, you approach someone like Paul Layne to teach the chant (center court) during the pregame festivities and then do it (I hear he knows something about cheerleading, plus he is a top notch knock down drag out amazing Pony - fact).

2. The T-Shirt in bold letters said “Pony Up” last night - that is what the chant should of been.

3. “Shake Moody” was embarrassing.

4. I know you guys hate Bama, but the male cheerleaders teach the chants in the pregame ceremonies. None of this is new.
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Re: Shake Moody

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:02 pm

At Syracuse the incoming freshmen learn the chants as part of orientation. Other schools do that as well.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Fresno Mustang » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAMIWHC0Kog

Didnt need any manufactured noise before tip off when the mob wasn't gutted and we had an actual coach.
SMU Class of 2014
Fresno Mustang
All-American

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:18 pm

gostangs wrote:The only reason that chant would have made any sense left last year, along with our program's hope.

BS. Makes no sense at all, Not now, not in the past, nor in the future. Sounds like a cheap knock-off of "Texas' 'Fight'

It also eerily reminds me of what tiki wanted to do....replace one of the Top 20 mascots in all of college with a couple of geldings. And for what purpose??? to bang a billionaire milf??? I really don't know why nor do I particularly care to.

Ponylaw nailed it. We have a world-class chant....SMU, SMU, SMU. End it with Moody Madness when we are done. Why mess with that?????
SoCal_Pony

Postby Arkpony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:56 pm

That video made me cry. How did SMU screw that up????!!! HOW?
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby PonyLaw90 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 pm

Fresno Mustang wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAMIWHC0Kog

Didnt need any manufactured noise before tip off when the mob wasn't gutted and we had an actual coach.

It’s over Johnny. iTS OVER!!!
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Postby lwjr » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:15 pm

Embarrassing
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:03 am

It will take years and years to get back to the Louisville type crowd.

Unless of course Rick Pitino or a big name coach walks through that door and brings 3 top 100 players with him.
Pony ^

Postby SMU Section F » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:26 am

[deleted] that's depressing.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby PonyTime » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:33 am

They can't even do the 7 Nation Army right anymore. Where is Jack White? Did we purchase the Kids Bop version of the song to save a few bucks? Were Jack's vocals too high pitched for some of the donors? Did Jack White call up our AD and tell him he didn't want to be associated with SMU basketball because it would dilute his brand?

That night may have been the pinnacle of Moody Madness pre-game atmosphere.

Send someone to Pitono's home with duffel bags filled with cash now.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:56 am

Even the red seats were full. Festivus miracle.
Pony ^

Postby JasonB » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:32 pm

First, we should be posting this clip before every big game and before the season to remember what we all want to get back to.

Second, the mob was there to sheer on both their school and a great basketball team. Part of it is they messed up the Mob. But part of it is that you exchanged those folks with people who just wanted to be part of an event. And the team just isn't as fun to watch.

Third, the athleticism of the team was a huge driver behind the crowd response. For a three year span, we had awesome athletes who provided electric moments on the court. I hope that Janks sees the value in Hunt - he is a next level freak and the excitement goes up when he is in the game. Chargois is a nice piece but doesn't do anything that makes you say "wow". McMurray has a little of it. Foster when healthy, but not sure if he will get there this season. Mike and Whitt I think have the athleticism but not the body strength to pull it off.

You look at the future - next year at the 4/5 you have the same rotation - Mike, Chargois, Hunt, Ray, Young. Hunt and Mike provide the flair, and you are probably adding a transfer there that will sit out a season because no frosh of quality is going to come in with that group.

The problem is at 1-3. We need 3 at that position, and two need to be absolutely electric from the jump and can start.

SO, basically, if Whitt, Mike, and Foster suddenly start playing with athleticism and power, I think we can get a buzz back this season (that is a hope and a prayer at this point probably). If we add two really dynamic guards and Whitt, Mike, and Hunt add strength in the offseason, then I think we get the buzz back.

But I agree with the others, if this is going to be DITR recruiting and grow them over time and a great outside shooting team, even if we win I don't think we will ever get that level of buzz back.
JasonB

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:28 pm

Chaper two of Hart’s book?

Lord help us.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby ObeyMyDog » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:55 pm

JasonB wrote:Second, the mob was there to sheer on both their school and a great basketball team. Part of it is they messed up the Mob. But part of it is that you exchanged those folks with people who just wanted to be part of an event. And the team just isn't as fun to watch.

I said for years the MOB was DOA after the changes and I got jumped on from the usual entitled fraternities angle etc....But it was the truth at the end of the day.

SMU essentially sanctioned the death of the good days MOB by formally institutionalizing being able to sit there. Immediately after they made the MOB a club with rules it hasn't been remotely the same as the kids that were there prior. Currently the MOB are losers pretty much. You just don't get general rowdiness and chaos coming from the kids they've had there for the past few years. Sorry.

Now, the team is so uninspiring that I don't blame anybody for not going.

Oh, and before somebody comes out and says "I am in (or know) somebody in the MOB and they are awesome and not a dork"... yes, it is quite possible that individuals within the MOB are just fine. It is just that it is painfully obvious that the group consists mostly of people who are dorks and it could not be more obvious. Sorry again.

We honestly should just hit the reset button and let it all organically happen again (hopefully, and under a new HC. Trying to bludgeon the past back with SHAKE MOODY (ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) just makes things way worse.
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:16 pm

S-M-U is the only cheer we ever needed at Moody. Really tired of all the bush league attempts to fire up the fans that are still coming out to support this team.
Charleston Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball