PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jank nearly goes off the rails postgame

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Jank nearly goes off the rails postgame

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:37 am

PlanoStang wrote:62–25 (.713) as a temporary, and full time coach at SMU. AAC coach of the year in 2017.

Injuries killed us the last half of the season last year, and now all of the recruiting momentum, and
pull we had has been slowed and maybe killed because of the probation scholie reductions. This is
probably more LB's, and the NCAA's corruption factor fault than Tim's.

Don't think I've ever seen a coach on here that hasn't eventually felt the rath of the immature rass
roll troll-eefans on here. :!: :roll:

George Santayana said it in 1863 but I think he was referring to June Jones....

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Let’s Forget for a minute that he can't Coach.
His recruiting, or lack of it, is killing us.

He’s gotta go. If not right now....in March.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby TidePony » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Preach it!
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby PlanoStang » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:55 am

Yup, when you fire, or lose your coach every 3 - 5 years, you are doomed to mediocrity :!:

See Football.

When you find a coach of LB's record, and who can recruit top 20 just because of his notoriety, and
wants to come to SMU, fire Jank, and go for it :!:

Lot's of luck :!: LB's are very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very......help I'm stuck in a loop.... very very very very very very very very very RARE :!:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyTime » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:43 am

PlanoStang wrote:Yup, when you fire, or lose your coach every 3 - 5 years, you are doomed to mediocrity :!:

See Football.

When you find a coach of LB's record, and who can recruit top 20 just because of his notoriety, and

Lot's of luck :!: LB's are very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very......help I'm stuck in a loop.... very very very very very very very very very RARE :!:

As was mentioned before on this board. There is a coach who has kids at SMU that exactly fits the mold you speak of. He is a couple of years older than the Larry Brown of our previous top 10 success - but he can certainly still do the job.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 am

Fire Jank
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:02 pm

PlanoStang wrote:Yup, when you fire, or lose your coach every 3 - 5 years, you are doomed to mediocrity :!:

See Football.

Dykes will do better than June. Also June never made a bowl game while in the AAC and was destroying the schools recruiting. Coach Dykes will do better in the long run because June was going downhill. Only a fool would be blind to that. Jank Hassan not not well at recruiting even compared to other schools in the conference and he loses Foster next year. His recruiting plan was publicly stathat he is going for DITR’s while the top half of the conference are landing non DITRs.

SEE AAC BASKETBALL RECRUITING.

I think it was So Cal that gave a summary of the types of players the AAC was recruiting it it was concerning to say the least at what SMU was doing.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball