PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Georgetown Roll Call

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Georgetown Roll Call

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:02 pm

As I posted earlier that it would not surprise me if SMU beat Georgetown and they did. Georgetown is not that good.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:02 pm

Great job Mustangs- almost coast to coast-and a little Patrick Ewing revenge for the old-timers

I know some of you hate this but this team is getting substantially better from the start of the year despite the bad second half against TCU--if Jarrey starts to contribute then we can be very competitive
Last edited by Stallion on Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SmooBoy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:02 pm

This makes complete sense...
SmooBoy

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:05 pm

Much needed W and the team actually looked good in stretches today. I give them a ton of credit for the way they responded when Georgetown made their runs and their crowd came alive. Really enjoyed the S-M-U chant once it appeared we had this one in hand. Kudos to those who attended this game. Now I just hope some of our fair weather fans will show up at Moody because it could make a huge difference in how this team finishes this season.
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:06 pm

YouTube tv is really good for sports.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby redpony » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:07 pm

A big shout out to those who attended the game. We heard your chants -SMU-SMU on the TV.
redpony

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:14 pm

SMU should easily win the next 3 games.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Much needed W and the team actually looked good in stretches today. I give them a ton of credit for the way they responded when Georgetown made their runs and their crowd came alive. Really enjoyed the S-M-U chant once it appeared we had this one in hand. Kudos to those who attended this game. Now I just hope some of our fair weather fans will show up at Moody because it could make a huge difference in how this team finishes this season.

I agree. Then Jank could win just enough games to hang on to his job for another year then SMU could go into a slow painful demise that may take years to recover if ever. Unless you like contending to get into the NIT every year.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby ponyboy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:29 pm

The Dance is the yardstick.

Nice win today.
ponyboy

Postby Glenn Sosbee » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Team seems to be jelling at a good time. Speaking of a good time, our ponies seem to having one. Lots of confident smiles and laughter. It’s really encouraging to see. Hey, maybe we have something here. Very nice win today and could be a catalyst as well.
Pony P-1
Glenn Sosbee
All-American

Postby The Falcon » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Great win today - making more extra passes - sharing the ball better - good energy on defense -

We are improving with each game and playing very hard. Georgetown has been playing
well this year and was 7-2 coming into the our game. They had beaten Illinois and only lost
by 1 pt at Syracuse.

I thought the refs missed a lot of "over the back" calls on Georgetown. It happened repeatedly
throughout the game.

We have won 5 of our last 6 games and Foster is not at full strength yet. He will get better.
He did play for a longer stretch in this game. ( 30 minutes) but he will continue to get
better.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:48 pm

The Falcon wrote:Great win today - making more extra passes - sharing the ball better - good energy on defense -

We are improving with each game and playing very hard. Georgetown has been playing
well this year and was 7-2 coming into the our game. They had beaten Illinois and only lost
by 1 pt at Syracuse.

I thought the refs missed a lot of "over the back" calls on Georgetown. It happened repeatedly
throughout the game.

We have won 5 of our last 6 games and Foster is not at full strength yet. He will get better.
He did play for a longer stretch in this game. ( 30 minutes) but he will continue to get
better.

Georgetown also had one of their starters sit out this game so let’s tap the breaks a bit until we play a full strength quality team. And that won’t be for a while because the first 2 conference games are against ECU and Tulane who are not very good.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SMU Section F » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:52 pm

We looked good-to-very good against a mediocre team. That's definite progress.

One more OOC next Saturday vs. Cornell, then the real season begins.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:54 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
The Falcon wrote:Great win today - making more extra passes - sharing the ball better - good energy on defense -

by 1 pt at Syracuse.

throughout the game.

better.

Georgetown also had one of their starters sit out this game so let’s tap the breaks a bit until we play a full strength quality team. Which won’t be for a while.

January 10 at UCONN.

Not a great team...a great test.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Almost a month away from a decent opponent. But hey the team will build up wins in between.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball