PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

So who’s our QB now?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: So who’s our QB now?

Postby Ikus » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:53 pm

footballdad wrote:
mrydel wrote:Local sports programs here are touting Hicks big time. Saying not quite the status of the Clemson kid but still a big time get. Smh.

BigTimeBen! I think the clueless Arky sports programs and fans deserve an up close look at a Hicks start in the SEC...... :lol:

They'll really appreciate his body language after an early sack and a pick six!

OMG... get over the body language. How was it against Tulane, when he threw 3 TDs (with no running game) in a win?

Of course players look different in a loss - losing sucks. Hicks' body language was different in losses, but so was everyone else's.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby Arkpony » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:05 pm

Goodbye
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Terry Webster » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:48 pm

I am certain someone answered this somewhere...did Brown play enough to lose his redshirt...or is he still classified a freshman for next year?
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Terry Webster » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:49 pm

I am certain someone answered this somewhere...did Brown play enough to lose his redshirt...or is he still classified a freshman for next year?
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:49 pm

Terry Webster wrote:I am certain someone answered this somewhere...did Brown play enough to lose his redshirt...or is he still classified a freshman for next year?

played just enough to burn his RS
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Actually I think he played in near or at double the amount. 7 or 8 games I think.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Timothythegreat » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:35 pm

mrydel wrote:Actually I think he played in near or at double the amount. 7 or 8 games I think.

Tcu, Michigan, UCF, hbu, navy, Tulane
Timothythegreat
Junior Varsity

Postby mrydel » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:35 pm

Stats show 7 games
mrydel

Postby mrydel » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Didn’t he go in for one play at UConn when Hicks lost his helmet?
mrydel

Postby No Quarter » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:17 am

IIWII.

Not really sure which of the current QB threads is the best place to post this.

Okay, Hicks is gone and I can't blame him given all the criticism. I wish him the best in his next chapter whether or not it includes football.

It may be that we will learn soon of a good GT or JUCO who played in an offense enough like the one projected next year for SMU and who can contend for the starting job or at least be a good back up.

I would think that he'll have to beat out Brown who has been described as a team favorite from his first spring practice rather than being penciled in immediately as number one.

I take it that Gipson won't even be able to practice at the start of fall practice.

Only, and I'm afraid it might be bad luck even to mention it, what happens if GT or JUCO help does not materialize and Brown goes down?

Basically, we'll be in a position similar to that when Matt Davis was lost except "who's our QB" THEN?
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby kc711 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:16 pm

No Quarter wrote:IIWII.

Okay, Hicks is gone and I can't blame him given all the criticism. I wish him the best in his next chapter whether or not it includes football.

It may be that we will learn soon of a good GT or JUCO who played in an offense enough like the one projected next year for SMU and who can contend for the starting job or at least be a good back up.

I would think that he'll have to beat out Brown who has been described as a team favorite from his first spring practice rather than being penciled in immediately as number one.

I take it that Gipson won't even be able to practice at the start of fall practice.

Only, and I'm afraid it might be bad luck even to mention it, what happens if GT or JUCO help does not materialize and Brown goes down?

Basically, we'll be in a position similar to that when Matt Davis was lost except "who's our QB" THEN?

Gipson has been medically released to begin throwing. He will be limited in spring practice, but likely a full go in fall practice. Also, the staff is high on Derek Green who redshirted this year. Green's father is Trent Green who played in the NFL for many years.
kc711
Scout Team

Postby skyscraper » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:21 pm

Our starter next season is very likely not on the roster at this moment.
skyscraper

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Should be wide open but Brown showed some potential in the brief opportunity he had this season
Charleston Pony

Postby BUS » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:23 pm

If it is Brown - We go bowling. If it is something better. Cool with that too.
Hope Mr. Hicks finds a happy place to land. Hope that his corporate job is consistent.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby No Quarter » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:14 pm

kc711 wrote:
No Quarter wrote:IIWII.

Gipson has been medically released to begin throwing. He will be limited in spring practice, but likely a full go in fall practice. Also, the staff is high on Derek Green who redshirted this year. Green's father is Trent Green who played in the NFL for many years.

Good news about Gipson and Green - I remember the good notices when the latter signed. Further good {repeated) news about a newcomer in another post.

Another question - Is there another position for Brown if he does not get PT at QB?

Merry Christmas to All.

GO PONIES.
No Quarter
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football