PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Feron

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Feron

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:26 am

This is the reason you have to land at least one stud in every class. Players like Feron give us hope. I know the Jank way is DITR but you have to sprinkle in talent like Feron too. You never know with these guys until they get on the floor and start playing but when you get a guy, it doesn’t take long to notice. Hunt has everything you want in a next level wing - length, athleticism, skill and confidence. The only thing we haven’t seen is aggressiveness which I think is right around the corner. A breakout 20 &10 game is coming. BTW, he is already an elite rebounder for a skinny guy.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Feron

Postby Stallion » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:40 am

he is one of the most aggressive players I've seen in SMU history-just not with the ball in his hands. But I get what you mean. He is all over the Court-and as expected he is a huge asset on the break as a 6-8 thoroughbred that can finish
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:52 am

Stallion wrote:he is one of the most aggressive players I've seen in SMU history-just not with the ball in his hands. But I get what you mean. He is all over the Court-and as expected he is a huge asset on the break as a 6-8 thoroughbred that can finish

I mean aggressiveness in terms of shot selection. I will be thrilled the first time I see him take a forced shot just because he believes it is a good shot. But you’re right, he is aggressive attacking the boards. He has a nose for the ball and gives all out effort. Absolutely love watching him play.

LA_Mustang

Postby geezerdonk » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Just think what kind of career he could have had if he had gone to a real school with a real athletic program.
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:44 pm

A nose for the ball is a very accurate description. He’s just there.
I really hope he and Jahmar add some muscle over this off season.
Feron could be gone after his junior year if he does.

I watched Jahmar exclusively when I replayed the first half this morning. He gets it.
His defensive IQ is very good. I think he becomes a real contributor next year.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby mrydel » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:24 pm

Over/under on number of times Feron hits his head on the rim.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby DallasDiehard » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:40 pm

Hunt looks better every time out.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby PonyLawExpress » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:42 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:A nose for the ball is a very accurate description. He’s just there.
I really hope he and Jahmar add some muscle over this off season.
Feron could be gone after his junior year if he does.

I watched Jahmar exclusively when I replayed the first half this morning. He gets it.
His defensive IQ is very good. I think he becomes a real contributor next year.

Agree on Young. If he can hit the weights and cafeteria hard this offseason and keep developing his game he could be a solid 8-10MPG contributor next season and more after that.

Hunt is a baller. No doubt.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:55 am

I missed this in the DMN recap after the TCU game....

A new star emerging
SMU freshman forward Feron Hunt continued to impress, scoring 11 points and grabbing 8 rebounds in 26 minutes off the bench. When on the floor, he seemed to be somewhat involved in almost every play. The 4-star recruit from DeSoto has made contributions since day one, and they've been a nice surprise during the Mustangs' slow start this season. The statline he posted against TCU gains a little more luster when compared to that of Kaden Archie -- another 4-star recruit that chose the Frogs over the Ponies. Archie played just three minutes and only attempted one shot. Archie's recruitment should still be considered a swing and miss for SMU's staff, but it helps knowing that Hunt can contribute already.

LA_Mustang

Postby JasonB » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:32 pm

Great recruit. Challenge is that we need two of that level of recruit at guard in this next class. We might have landed one of those in the JUCO guy, but the program under Jank will be make or break based on that last guard spot.
JasonB

Postby BUS » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:45 am

This young man has the it. Or as a non Bball guy, I think he has it.
He is a puppy, happy, energetic, all over the place on the court. You can tell he is having fun and I can't wait till he grows in the Big Dog. Give him a year to gain weight and get the man body he can. This is going to be fun to watch.

Mr. Hunt - For long term success in life.... Finish your education. Who was the guy that was supposed to come here and chose to go to China. His brother graduated from SMU and is making serious $$$$$ cash. While he got hurt, has no education because he got greedy.

Be aggressive and smart but you wont be playing this game when your 40-50-60-70.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby longbuzzer » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:04 am

Length to spare and great hands. Every time the ball is near, he either makes or almost makes a play.
longbuzzer
Junior Varsity

Postby mrydel » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:12 am

BUS wrote:This young man has the it. Or as a non Bball guy, I think he has it.
He is a puppy, happy, energetic, all over the place on the court. You can tell he is having fun and I can't wait till he grows in the Big Dog. Give him a year to gain weight and get the man body he can. This is going to be fun to watch.

Mr. Hunt - For long term success in life.... Finish your education. Who was the guy that was supposed to come here and chose to go to China. His brother graduated from SMU and is making serious $$$$$ cash. While he got hurt, has no education because he got greedy.

Be aggressive and smart but you wont be playing this game when your 40-50-60-70.

While I agree with your sentiment BUS. Emmanual Mudiay is plaiyng for the NY Knicks and I imagine he is making a pretty good salary at this time.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby BUS » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:19 am

I do apologize... I did not hear that he was playing after his China time. Is he a bench player or a starter? I still, as I think you are... a believer in getting your education.
Thanks for setting me straight. At least I was right about being a Non Bball guy :-)
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:19 am

mrydel wrote:
BUS wrote:This young man has the it. Or as a non Bball guy, I think he has it.

While I agree with your sentiment BUS. Emmanual Mudiay is plaiyng for the NY Knicks and I imagine he is making a pretty good salary at this time.

Why did you have to go and mess up buses story like that? I was just going to ask what you feed a puppy basketball player. Kimble's and nets?
One Trick Pony

Next

Return to Basketball