PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU basketball average player ranks

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU basketball average player ranks

Postby Wild Mustang » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:28 pm

That really is a hilarious last post. "Not really that subjective" "I included all the rotation players for every season" "Keith Frazier who really did not play his freshman season was not included his freshman season. Harry and Tom who did not impact the season on the court were alson not included"

Seriously. You include rankings for players when it is convienent? If they did not play you don't include them in your rankings? Wow. Frazier played plenty his Freshman season and the reason why Harry and Tom did not play was because they were not very good. The reason that Frazier was not a regular starter was because he was not that good either (unfortunately). Great High School Prospect that did not produce in College.

I appreciate the effort that you are making with your rankings and your posts. Not attacking you. Just don't really see much value in comparing rankings between SMU classes if you do not include all players in all classes. Regardless of any High School Recruit rankings we really do not know how good a player will be in college until they play in college. Rankings are not the gospel. Rankings are a starting point for a conversation, but rankings do not tell you how a player performs in college. Pony up!
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:31 pm

Jank?
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangxc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Rebel10 wrote:Jank?

:lol:
mustangxc

Postby Wild Mustang » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Nevermind
Last edited by Wild Mustang on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby Wild Mustang » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:11 pm

Just another reason why it is such a challenge posting anything on ponyfans.com ...

Everytime you make a post. Someone chimes in with their opinion that you must be Jank or some phantom poster. Gets really old. Time to grow up.
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Too many are ready to run Jank out of here and I've joined the ranks of those who question whether he can get this program back to competing for AAC Championships and NCAA Tourney bids, but it's way too early to call this season and next year's recruiting class complete busts. I'm going to remain hopeful but Larry Brown's brief stint at SMU and the success we had under his leadership significantly raised the bar on expectations around here. Easy to forget that we play in a conference with Cincy, UConn, Memphis, Houston, Temple, and even Wichita State and Tulsa...all programs that have enjoyed a lot more success than SMU over the course of my lifetime.
Charleston Pony

Postby mustangxc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:30 pm

By that notion TCU and Baylor are in the Big XII which is a tougher basketball conference and we are historically better than both programs. We need to stop making excuses. Everything is in place to win big at SMU. We just need to find the right person to get it done. I am still hopeful Jank can be that man but the outlook is pretty bleak.
mustangxc

Postby No Quarter » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:31 am

Wild Mustang said, in part: I have all the love and respect for LB. LB is a Hall of Fame Coach who helped bring SMU back to relevance.

On what level is SMU basketball relevant today?

Is SMU's place trending up or down at present?

FTR I am with mustangxc in hoping Jank is the man and also that the possibility is uncertain at best.

I'm guessing a lot of SMU fans would agree the situation would be better this year had LB stayed notwithstanding the "we'll be okay" posts seen after he left.
No Quarter
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball