PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Feron Tweets

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Feron Tweets

Postby PonySnob » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:00 pm

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Feron Tweets

Postby JasonB » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:53 pm

No reason to respond to that treat. Respect the kid sticking up for his coach and let it go.
JasonB

Postby Arkpony » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:51 pm

Amen.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:07 am

JasonB wrote:No reason to respond to that treat. Respect the kid sticking up for his coach and let it go.

What kind of snowflake logic is that? What hoop responded was nothing but civil. If the kid can’t handle criticism then he’s going to have a rough life. When you jump in the spotlight, especially defending nonsense, then expect to get burned. It’s a growing process.

Now if this was HS or younger then you have a point.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:13 am

IMO, when someone voices their opinion on a public forum such as Twitter, especially an adult, they are opening themselves up to scrutiny and rebuttal.

No one gets a hall pass. No one.

Now given that Feron is an SMU ballplayer, I would hope all responses from Ponyfans are respectful.

I particularly liked HoopmanX's retort. I wonder if Feron will respond. Really, what can he say. HoopmanX speaks truth.
Last edited by SoCal_Pony on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoCal_Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:17 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
JasonB wrote:No reason to respond to that treat. Respect the kid sticking up for his coach and let it go.

What kind of snowflake logic is that? What hoop responded was nothing but civil. If the kid can’t handle criticism then he’s going to have a rough life. When you jump in the spotlight, especially defending nonsense, then expect to get burned. It’s a growing process.

Now if this was HS or younger then you have a point.

well put '11.

I didn't see your post until after I posted mine.

Yours is better.
SoCal_Pony

Postby ponyboy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:30 am

Grace is a mighty thing.
ponyboy

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:49 am

What Feron fails to realize is that nobody who spends their time on Ponyfans is ever going to be accused of "jumping on the bandwagon" because this group is among SMU's most loyal fans and has been/will be there through the ups and downs. Just a very frustrated group right now after having tasted success in recent years.
Charleston Pony

Postby smusportspage » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:29 am

Does the fire Jank diatribe really help anything except the posters posting it? Jank was never going to get fired during the middle of the season and, chances are, not after either. Alas, such is life for us in this generation of social media and all of the distractions that go with it.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby Bergermeister » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:03 am

Hang up and drive. (please)
Bergermeister

Postby JasonB » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:12 am

"As an SMU alum, let me tell you why your friends suck, and why your other friends are going to leave the program."

If having a little class makes you a snowflake, then fine, call me a snowflake.

If Feron was walking around after the game and said that comment, would you really beat him down like that? I'd hope that you would just appreciate the kid for sticking up for his coach and his school and let it go.
JasonB

Postby PonyKai » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:29 am

smusportspage wrote:Does the fire Jank diatribe really help anything except the posters posting it? Jank was never going to get fired during the middle of the season and, chances are, not after either. Alas, such is life for us in this generation of social media and all of the distractions that go with it.

Separate and apart from the discussion within this thread, grassroots criticism of (1) the garbage OOC and (2) Jank in general has absolutely gotten on the radar of people who run the show.
PonyKai

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:15 pm

Sometimes I think the biggest critics of the program have never contributed a dime and have barely enough gas in the tank to get their last pay check .

That said if you wanna play you gotta pay . And yes you need a recruiter
One Trick Pony

Postby Mustangsabu » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:40 pm

This is where PF just gets ridiculous. It was this way with Doh, this way with JJ, Chad, etc. etc.

Is it possible the kids like and respect Jank? Yes.
Would you go on social media and bash your employer? No.

The reasons behind where the basketball program is are myriad. We, as PF, should probably try to throw some sort of shape at not making everything black and white. Is Jank the anti-christ? No. Was JJ the antichrist? No. Is Hart? No. Jank has not impressed in recruiting and we are having a very mediocre season. But look back over the past 20 years and you will find that the only non-crappy or mediocre seasons we had were when a HOF coach was here cheating his a__ off. There is no rational argument to suggest that the LB years should or could ever be the norm around here. We are not a blue chip program. Deal with it.

And the whole snowflake thing? Really?

Anything that is said from behind a keyboard is as snowflake as it gets. Including this. No-one is a "man" because of what he says on Twitter....
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:04 pm

So explain to me how Houston, TCU, Baylor, and Texas Tech are on track to make the NCAA tournament? How is UNT having a solid season? Are they all led by HOF coaches?
mustangxc

Next

Return to Basketball