PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Silver Linings

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Silver Linings

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:16 am

Is it time for basketball to have a silver linings thread, much the same as Mrydel started for football after so many dismal seasons?

I like what I'm seeing from Mike. Definitely starting to look like the player (offensively) that we hoped he would be.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 19083
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: Silver Linings

Postby PonyTime » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:03 am

Charleston Pony wrote:Is it time for basketball to have a silver linings thread, much the same as Mrydel started for football after so many dismal seasons?

I like what I'm seeing from Mike. Definitely starting to look like the player (offensively) that we hoped he would be.


Great idea. Agree completely about Mike.

Also like that I can get really affordable seats at Moody for the whole family. I had multiple people reach out offering me free tickets to last night's game.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

Image
User avatar
PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3383
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:01 am
Location: The Green Elephant

Re: Silver Linings

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 am

March 14th or 15th is the only silver lining I can focus on.

Feron and Mike and are the future if they stay. Feron is so incredibly talented. If he was used the right way on offense it would be even more apparent. Mike is getting more comfortable every game and he can be all-AAC as a junior and senior.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

Image
User avatar
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15353
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:01 am
Location: El Porto, CA 90266

Re: Silver Linings

Postby PonyKai » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 am

With each game more of the casual SMU fan base is woke to what a bad coach Jank is and what he's doing to the program.
PonyKai
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6159
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:04 am
Location: Here and there.

Re: Silver Linings

Postby MustangStealth » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:44 am

You should be able to move back to your old seats at this point.
User avatar
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2001 4:01 am
Location: Ford Stadium, as often as possible

Re: Silver Linings

Postby PonyTime » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:46 am

MustangStealth wrote:You should be able to move back to your old seats at this point.


No-one has been in my old seats all year. I can move into way better seats than my old seats!
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

Image
User avatar
PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3383
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:01 am
Location: The Green Elephant

Re: Silver Linings

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:01 pm

As Larry Brown once noted when he first arrived at SMU, we can finally yell over to our friends again across the court to see what they are doing after the game and have a clear conversation
Pony ^
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5610
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Silver Linings

Postby PonySnob » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:38 pm

5 years ago today we destroyed #7 ranked Cincinnati 76-55 for our 13th home win in a row. How times have changed.............
Peruna is my mascot!
User avatar
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 11054
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Silver Linings

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:41 pm

PonyTime wrote: No-one has been in my old seats all year.

Mine either. Would have been there myself but.... you know.
Place was eerily quiet last night. Dohishly quiet.
48-95
User avatar
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6718
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:01 am
Location: University Park

Re: Silver Linings

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Silver Lining after last nights loss?

No Wild Bill postings for awhile.
User avatar
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5307
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Re: Silver Linings

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:17 pm

PonySnob wrote:5 years ago today we destroyed #7 ranked Cincinnati 76-55 for our 13th home win in a row. How times have changed.............



Nothing quite like rubbing salt in a fresh wound.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 19083
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: Silver Linings

Postby mavsrage311 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Only silver lining for me is we are one loss closer to making a change to get our program back to where it used to be.
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
User avatar
mavsrage311
Heisman
 
Posts: 1705
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:16 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Silver Linings

Postby skyscraper » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:06 pm

mavsrage311 wrote:Only silver lining for me is we are one loss closer to making a change to get our program back to where it used to be.


Correct, every loss is a better chance of getting rid of Jank.
Image
User avatar
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5327
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:46 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Silver Linings

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Hopefully we only have to listen to nine more post game press conferences and nine more tv broadcasts where basically the only thing discussed about SMU Basketball is sanctions, injuries and not being able to practice. But when the leader of the program ONLY brings up these talking points with anyone who will listen it becomes the identity of the program. That is where we are. SMU Basketball is one big pile of excuses constantly spewed by the leader. It is pathetic I just want it to end now so I can get back to being a fan again.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

Image
User avatar
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15353
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:01 am
Location: El Porto, CA 90266

Re: Silver Linings

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:19 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:Hopefully we only have to listen to nine more post game press conferences and nine more tv broadcasts where basically the only thing discussed about SMU Basketball is sanctions, injuries and not being able to practice. But when the leader of the program ONLY brings up these talking points with anyone who will listen it becomes the identity of the program. That is where we are. SMU Basketball is one big pile of excuses constantly spewed by the leader. It is pathetic I just want it to end now so I can get back to being a fan again.


LA,

How excited are you about the Mavericks?

If SMU retains jank, will that impact how much you support the team next year?

The Mavs have been down for awhile, I'm sure that helped us with some casual fans in Dallas. Going forward, maybe not as much.
User avatar
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5307
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Next

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest