PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Preferred walk-ons

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Preferred walk-ons

Postby PonyPride » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:56 pm

From Marcus Nesby's Twitter account:

"Excited to announce that I have received a PWO, to continue my academic and athletic career at Southern Methodist University. #PonyUpDallas "

Nesby is a cornerback listed at 5-11 and 160 pounds, playing for Santiago High School in Corona, California. Reports offers from Pacific and something called Beloit, and some measure of interest from UNLV and Colorado.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Preferred walk-ons

Postby PonyPride » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:28 pm

Also, former Trinity Christian Academy (in Addison) linebacker Reid Stacy identifies himself as "SMU football '23."

Listed at 5-11 / 197
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby CA Mustang » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:42 am

PonyPride wrote:Nesby is a cornerback listed at 5-11 and 160 pounds, playing for Santiago High School in Corona, California. Reports offers from Pacific and something called Beloit, and some measure of interest from UNLV and Colorado.

Must be the small school in WA as UOP (CA) dropped football in the early 90's. Isn't Beloit in WI?
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby No Quarter » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:09 am

CA Mustang wrote:
PonyPride wrote:Nesby is a cornerback listed at 5-11 and 160 pounds, playing for Santiago High School in Corona, California. Reports offers from Pacific and something called Beloit, and some measure of interest from UNLV and Colorado.

Must be the small school in WA as UOP (CA) dropped football in the early 90's. Isn't Beloit in WI?

There is a Pacific University in Forest Grove, OR (Near Portland) that plays DIV III football. Beloit is in WI and also DIV III. Wouldn't the "offers" might be more in the form of encouragement to matriculate unless he qualifies for an academic scholarship?

Santiago High has 3,500 students in four grades and MAXPREPS ranked the football team at #90 in the state in 2018. They went 7 -5 and lost their last game by eight points.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby ozfan » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:43 am

PonyPride wrote:From Marcus Nesby's Twitter account:

"Excited to announce that I have received a PWO, to continue my academic and athletic career at Southern Methodist University. #PonyUpDallas "

Nesby is a cornerback listed at 5-11 and 160 pounds, playing for Santiago High School in Corona, California. Reports offers from Pacific and something called Beloit, and some measure of interest from UNLV and Colorado.

Pacific dropped football in the early nineties.
Sent from my KOREAN knockoff using Tapdance 5
ozfan
All-American

Postby mrydel » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:38 am

But they kept the ocean open Also the beach to comply with Title IX.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby mavsrage311 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:52 pm

The new staff is doing a great job identifying and recruiting PWO's. Previous staffs mostly ignored them. I bet at least 1 or 2 of these kids end up being contributors and earning scholarships. Just because our tuition is high doesn't mean we can't attract solid PWO's.
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Return to Football