PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Twitter

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Twitter

Postby CenTXpony » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:52 pm

AustinPerson wrote:The fact that some PF posters are showing concern about fake Donald Trump shows that fake Donald Trump is #winning.

It’s really just one that’s crying over it. Turns out it’s the one with the most inane opinion on Jank.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:22 pm

mustangxc wrote:I actually understand where Wild Mustang is coming from. Whatever he posts here he can defend in an exchange but to put it on another forum (twitter) that he has elected not to use does not allow him the ability to defend his point. While it is legal, it is a cowardly act. A similar situation is when writers publish an article that puts a player in a negative light and do not give the player the chance to go at him/her. Most writers give the player a heads up and allow them to vent, unless the writer does not care about access to the clubhouse/locker room.

When Feron Hunt posts on twitter attacking the “haters” and it’s wrong to say anything back to him but no Trump of SMU is a coward. :roll: :roll:
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:17 pm

mustangxc wrote:I actually understand where Wild Mustang is coming from. Whatever he posts here he can defend in an exchange but to put it on another forum (twitter) that he has elected not to use does not allow him the ability to defend his point. While it is legal, it is a cowardly act. A similar situation is when writers publish an article that puts a player in a negative light and do not give the player the chance to go at him/her. Most writers give the player a heads up and allow them to vent, unless the writer does not care about access to the clubhouse/locker room.

You realize Jank has severely limited media access this season?
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:14 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:

When Feron Hunt posts on twitter attacking the “haters” and it’s wrong to say anything back to him but no Trump of SMU is a coward. :roll: :roll:

Kind of an interesting discussion.

One one hand, taking comments expressed in one forum and then talking trash about them in another is kind of "chicken [deleted]" to steal an old term. Passive agressive, gossipy, talking behind someone's back... whatever. One could argue that the public response to Hunt was at least to his face, even though I personally disagree with an alum sharing that feedback at all to one of our players.

Of course, on the other hand, we took Hunt's tweet and discussed it here ad nauseum So, we basically did the same thing to Hunt as what happened to Wild Mustang.

Basic rule of thumb, unfortunately, is that someone is there is always going to be a jerk in social media, because a lot of people have insecurities. Even though I think most would like our social media platforms to be filled with honest, respectful conversations, that just isn't going to happen. Ever. So post at your own risk. I'm sure someone has grabbed crap I've said on here and laughed at it somewhere else. It's unfortunate, but that's the risk.
JasonB

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:06 am

The Trump parody account taking something from one site and posting on another that’s also public to me isn’t going behind someone’s back and being a “chicken [deleted]”. If so, man there are a lot of chicken [deleted] doing that to the real trump account.

Secondly, coddling players is just nonsense. Here’s beating a dead horse: they’re adults. If they post a comment that negative to the fan base, it’s juvenile to say he can’t and shouldn’t get criticism for his post. The idea that someone or some group has immunity from criticism is a dangerous precedent. It does them a disservice by not having an adult conversation because they’re relegated to being treated as a child.

Lastly, I’m bias, but I support the Trump of SMU and any other parody accounts because they’re a) funny b) they’re on a mission to get Jank fired.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CenTXpony » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:33 pm

I’m sorry but who cares? I mean obviously Wild Mustang does because apparently his day to day well being has changed because a twitter parody account mocked his handle just as 99% of ponyfans does. Some of you act like his social and banking info was leaked. Between Butthurt Mustang starting this thread and JasonB writing another multi-paragraph post you’re letting the parody accounts live rent free and feeding them as well.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:26 pm

CenTXpony wrote:I’m sorry but who cares? I mean obviously Wild Mustang does because apparently his day to day well being has changed because a twitter parody account mocked his handle just as 99% of ponyfans does. Some of you act like his social and banking info was leaked. Between Butthurt Mustang starting this thread and JasonB writing another multi-paragraph post you’re letting the parody accounts live rent free and feeding them as well.
Hey I like Jason b's posts, sometimes I'm not able to fall asleep at night.
Just take one look at a Mini novel and bam I'm gone .
One Trick Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:14 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
CenTXpony wrote:I’m sorry but who cares? I mean obviously Wild Mustang does because apparently his day to day well being has changed because a twitter parody account mocked his handle just as 99% of ponyfans does. Some of you act like his social and banking info was leaked. Between Butthurt Mustang starting this thread and JasonB writing another multi-paragraph post you’re letting the parody accounts live rent free and feeding them as well.

I generally like Jason’s posts when it comes to sports. However when it comes to social issues, I’m completrly against it. I’ll just leave it at that. CenTX, agreed, getting butthurt over a parody account when it’s also being done here is beyond dumb.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:01 pm

AustinPerson wrote:Wild Mustang is losing. Sad!

Hilarious.

You should post here more often.
SoCal_Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:16 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:

I generally like Jason’s posts when it comes to sports. However when it comes to social issues, I’m completrly against it. I’ll just leave it at that. CenTX, agreed, getting butthurt over a parody account when it’s also being done here is beyond dumb.
downloadfile-1.jpeg
downloadfile-1.jpeg (47.4 KiB) Viewed 2050 times
One Trick Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:38 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:Hey I like Jason b's posts, sometimes I'm not able to fall asleep at night.

downloadfile-1.jpeg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:08 am

Okay, that's funny.
JasonB

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:40 am

One Trick Pony wrote:

Yeah, thanks OTP. I’m getting Ambien pop-up ads now.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Previous

Return to Basketball