PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Feron Hunt

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby hoopmanx » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:25 am

You guys get all caught up with being classy, the rest of us will try to get the coach fired. When we start winning again, you can thank us. Feron ducked his head out. If he's old enough to have an account expressing real opinions, I'm allowed to respond. FWIW, Feron was not tarred and featheted. Jank and the quality of the rest of the roster was, big difference.

If those spares decide to leave based on my tweets, at least it was manlier than how Jank handled Landrum

If our tweets effect getting players right now, another nail in Janks coffin. Feron leaves, another nail. Obv, would prefer to keep hunt but he's definitely an acceptable loss if it moves Jank on. This program is being gutted with our innards shown to us. I wield a small axe, but I'm gonna swing it
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:29 am

hoopmanx wrote:You guys get all caught up with being classy, the rest of us will try to get the coach fired. When we start winning again, you can thank us. Feron ducked his head out. If he's old enough to have an account expressing real opinions, I'm allowed to respond. FWIW, Feron was not tarred and featheted. Jank and the quality of the rest of the roster was, big difference.

If those spares decide to leave based on my tweets, at least it was manlier than how Jank handled Landrum

If our tweets effect getting players right now, another nail in Janks coffin. Feron leaves, another nail. Obv, would prefer to keep hunt but he's definitely an acceptable loss if it moves Jank on. This program is being gutted with our innards shown to us. I wield a small axe, but I'm gonna swing it
Can we get some Yank -Jank T shirts ?
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CenTXpony » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:36 pm

hoopmanx wrote:If those spares decide to leave based on my tweets, at least it was manlier than how Jank handled Landrum

Which D3 schools would be interested in them?
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby Terry Webster » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:30 pm

Back to Hunt....really glad he didn't hurt his hand on that fast break dunk. I was afraid that he pulled a Gu from last year.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Terry Webster » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:31 pm

Back to Hunt....really glad he didn't hurt his hand on that fast break dunk. I was afraid that he pulled a Gu from last year.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:58 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:
I’d rank them like this:

1. Shake
2. Sterling
2. Ben
4. Feron
5. KF

If Mudiay stays at SMU, he undoubtedly makes this list. McCoy deserves consideration (based on his performance as a Freshman, not his career here) as does Frenchy as he did make All-AAC rookie team.

That's 8 players in total.

Surprise, Surprise, over the past 10 years, SMU has signed 11 kids from HS that were ranked in the Top 200.

7 are mentioned on my post.
SoCal_Pony

Postby PonySnob » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:24 pm

With the aftermath, one could make the case for KF not being on that list as he wasn’t worth the hassle.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:59 am

PonySnob wrote:With the aftermath, one could make the case for KF not being on that list as he wasn’t worth the hassle.

Argument can certainly be made because hindsight is 20-20, but looking back and considering the excitement his signing created and remembering how the crowd would react to his draining threes reminds you that Keith was one of those "we are turning the corner" signings.
Charleston Pony

Postby PonyKai » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:23 pm

hoopmanx wrote:You guys get all caught up with being classy, the rest of us will try to get the coach fired. When we start winning again, you can thank us. Feron ducked his head out. If he's old enough to have an account expressing real opinions, I'm allowed to respond. FWIW, Feron was not tarred and featheted. Jank and the quality of the rest of the roster was, big difference.

That was savage yo.
PonyKai

Previous

Return to Basketball