PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Boulevard changing

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Boulevard changing

Postby mrydel » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:41 pm

Nope. They do it all.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby redpony » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:32 pm

ok- my mistake.. and all of those championships are after hart became AD?
ie. I doo't remember two championships in bball. just one but then again my memory is not what it used to be. And the wins were with LB who he ran off. IMO.
redpony

Postby mtrout » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:20 pm

Those are all the championships from the AAC which was created in the 2013-14 season I believe. I think Rick was here a year before that even. In 2012-13 with ConferenceUSA we won women cross country and men soccer (regular season, not tournament). So Rick is rockin 16 titles.

M BBall won in 14-15 and 16-17 seasons it says.
http://theamerican.org/documents/2018/1 ... mpions.pdf
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:28 pm

redpony wrote:ok- my mistake.. and all of those championships are after hart became AD?
ie. I doo't remember two championships in bball. just one but then again my memory is not what it used to be. And the wins were with LB who he ran off. IMO.

2015 and 2017 conference tourney champs..... both won in Hartford. We might have won in 2016 as well had we not been on probation and prohibited from post-season play.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby used to be 2 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:42 pm

Boycotting the Boulevard by the Students is possibly an answer to Caesar Hart. It seems to be working in Basketball.
used to be 2
Junior Varsity

Postby Mexmustang » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:53 am

Hart did let go the only coach to ever beat a Big 12 Champion OSU, our men's tennis coach. It was just a lack of respect issue. Let's see what our new coach can do. Hart shouldn't have a problem perceiving respect, he's actually shorter than our diminutive AD and used to work for our former head coach--you know the one that actively raised funding from his tennis friends for the new tennis facility.

Little man, big ego. We should call him 'Nappy" for little Napoleon.

What I find funny, is that Hart has a degree from North Carolina, in PE. This was a course of study Gerald cancelled here, as it was only a "holding place for non-academically qualified football players." PE must have become a much more comprehensive major or no one bothered to clue him in on Black Studies at UNC, where there were no tests, no papers and no attendance required---certainly no NCAA penalties. Our problem was simply high school courses required a on line test.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby mtrout » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:20 pm

salty
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyKai » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:55 pm

Mexmustang wrote:Hart did let go the only coach to ever beat a Big 12 Champion OSU, our men's tennis coach. It was just a lack of respect issue. Let's see what our new coach can do. Hart shouldn't have a problem perceiving respect, he's actually shorter than our diminutive AD and used to work for our former head coach--you know the one that actively raised funding from his tennis friends for the new tennis facility.

What I find funny, is that Hart has a degree from North Carolina, in PE. This was a course of study Gerald cancelled here, as it was only a "holding place for non-academically qualified football players." PE must have become a much more comprehensive major or no one bothered to clue him in on Black Studies at UNC, where there were no tests, no papers and no attendance required---certainly no NCAA penalties. Our problem was simply high school courses required a on line test.

You just cut and paste this crap or you actually spend time writing it?
PonyKai

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:31 pm

Mexmustang wrote:Hart did let go the only coach to ever beat a Big 12 Champion OSU, our men's tennis coach. It was just a lack of respect issue. Let's see what our new coach can do. Hart shouldn't have a problem perceiving respect, he's actually shorter than our diminutive AD and used to work for our former head coach--you know the one that actively raised funding from his tennis friends for the new tennis facility.

You really need to meet our new tennis coach.
RGV Pony

Postby Pony ^ » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Football and Basketball are the only championships that matter. Everyone knows it, nobody says it. Everything else just pads the resume.
Pony ^

Postby 78pony » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:39 pm

Pony ^ wrote:Football and Basketball are the only championships that matter. Everyone knows it, nobody says it. Everything else just pads the resume.

And the truth is spoken.
78pony
Heisman

Postby mtrout » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:59 am

Other sports doing well is fun to mention. Especially since we haven’t been ranked in football in 2 undergrad lifetimes and basketball is back to the basement
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby PerunasHoof » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:50 am

Your poor wife. I hope she survived being "talked down to" by Turner.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby gostangs » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:37 pm

You can critique Hart for lots of stuff, but firing our previous tennis coach is definitely not one of them. He had the best facility in the country, yet that program was going nowhere. And your wife's perceived slight issue sounds like a joke - if she has your attitude he was probably just trying to get away from the toxic as soon as possible.
gostangs

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:45 pm

gostangs wrote:

You can critique Hart for lots of stuff, but firing our previous tennis coach is definitely not one of them. He had the best facility in the country, yet that program was going nowhere. And your wife's perceived slight issue sounds like a joke - if she has your attitude he was probably just trying to get away from the toxic as soon as possible.
Mex Mustangs wife is a kind considerate beautiful woman .
One Trick Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football