PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

MBB vs. Wichita State game thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: MBB vs. Wichita State game thread

Postby PonySnob » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:40 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:Against Wichita St, White, Young & Dixon played 45 minutes and scored 1 point.

Landrum plays for Conners State College. Any guesses where White or Young end up?

jank is terrible in all aspects of recruiting.

Don’t forget that William Douglas played five minutes and only added a foul to the stat sheet.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:42 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
JasonB wrote:Instead, we are spending scholarships on DITR (Ray, Landrum, White, Young) and Grad Transfer depth pieces (Dixon). That would be a fine philosophy if we had a set group of starters right now. But we don't.

Jason, this is where you lose me.

Maybe you take a flyer on Ray.

Landrum, White, Young and Dixon should never be part of the equation if your aspirations are to compete for AAC championships and NCAA tourneys.

Against Wichita St, White, Young & Dixon played 45 minutes and scored 1 point.

Landrum plays for Conners State College. Any guesses where White or Young end up?

Actually I think Landrum is playing pickup at an Arkansas State facility these days.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:50 pm

PonySnob wrote:
SoCal_Pony wrote:Against Wichita St, White, Young & Dixon played 45 minutes and scored 1 point.

Don’t forget that William Douglas played five minutes and only added a foul to the stat sheet.

Douglas and Froling clearly set us back, but those things happen. I don’t blame jank for it.

White, Young, Dixon, McBride, Cook, Bandoumel, Ray & Landrum is an entirely different story.
SoCal_Pony

Postby digman52 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
Lebanese4Life wrote:What round is foster projected to go? Shoulda left with Shake. Been completely useless this season

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Don't think Foster will never play a minute of NBA basketball. I never really bought the hype. He was a good role player on a really good team and very athletic, but the knee injuries have taken a toll.

Foster took it to the rim several times, getting stuffed or misses, on shots he would have easily dunked before the injury. He is giving all he's got, but it's just not there right now. Feel bad for the guy !.

There was a contingent from WS and they were quite vocal. When we cut it to 4, the Mob had a little loud run, but that was about it.
digman52
Junior Varsity

Postby JasonB » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:49 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
JasonB wrote:Instead, we are spending scholarships on DITR (Ray, Landrum, White, Young) and Grad Transfer depth pieces (Dixon). That would be a fine philosophy if we had a set group of starters right now. But we don't.

Jason, this is where you lose me.

Maybe you take a flyer on Ray.

Landrum, White, Young and Dixon should never be part of the equation if your aspirations are to compete for AAC championships and NCAA tourneys.

Against Wichita St, White, Young & Dixon played 45 minutes and scored 1 point.

I don't think we are saying anything different. Most teams play an 8 player rotation. When you have those 8 spots filled, your last few scholarships go to DITR 4 year types. That's the reality of college basketball. You aren't going to have top 250 types all the way down the roster, because those guys want to play.

Jank is handing out scholarships to the back 4 without filling in the rest of the roster. I don't have a problem with taking a shot on Ray, or White, or whomever. Just as long as we have 8-10 very strong players going into the next season.

Jank had major minutes to recruit for on last years team, but instead settled for multi year projects in Eli and Ray. He had major minutes this year and settled for White and Young. There are certainly times at which you want to play the long game with some of the scholarships. But neither of the past years were that time. And next year we are bringing in more multi-year projects even though we have immediate needs. He isn't recruiting up to the level of the program.
JasonB

Postby mustangxc » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:51 pm

We need to be handing out scholarships to several William Douglas types to make sure we hit on one instead of one Willam Douglas who is a bust and several DITR recruits that didn’t pan out.
mustangxc

Previous

Return to Basketball