PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hart talks state of the program

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Hart talks state of the program

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:29 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:I think most of us (who are not "in the know") are now assuming Jank will be back for at least one more season.

yes and we can rejoice it'll only be a couple more years until we start making a turn-around...one more year of Jank and then we gotta give the new guy a couple of years to get his guys in place...so just wait a few more years

Story of SMU fans' lives, isn't it?
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:36 am

Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby RI Stang » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:33 am

Charleston Pony wrote:I think most of us (who are not "in the know") are now assuming Jank will be back for at least one more season. The real question is what the roster will look like next year...who returns, who the newcomers are and whether any of them will be "impact" guys? I really hope that Jank, his staff and the returning players are able to prove all of us naysayers wrong but for now, I will just prepare to watch Houston embarrass us tonight and wish I felt better about next year.

You REALLY don't want the answer to that question. "Impact" guys? Yeah, right...
RI Stang
All-American

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:15 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:I think most of us (who are not "in the know") are now assuming Jank will be back for at least one more season.

yes and we can rejoice it'll only be a couple more years until we start making a turn-around...one more year of Jank and then we gotta give the new guy a couple of years to get his guys in place...so just wait a few more years

It’s a common mistake in the business world and certainly one that occurs too often at SMU. Staying the course with something that clearly isn’t working, mainly for financial reasons, when in the long term you are actually doing more damage.

And you are 100% correct. If tank stays next year, it will be 3 years minimum before SMU can be competitive again in BB. Crowds will be at Doh levels, possibly worse as our AD has managed to pi$$ off a most precious resource, the 1,500, through an ill conceived money grab.

Good news is there should be a real buzz this fall as the Mustangs host NTSU, Texas St, Temple, ECU, Tulsa and Tulane. Ford should be rocking!!!
SoCal_Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:42 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:Good news is there should be a real buzz this fall as the Mustangs host NTSU, Texas St, Temple, ECU, Tulsa and Tulane. Ford should be rocking!!!

Unless Sonny's boys shock us and beat TCU and come into conference play undefeated, it certainly appears UNT will be the only decent draw in Ford this year
Charleston Pony

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:54 pm

I say snag Pitino and hire a full time assistant compliance officer to monitor every move he makes.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby mrydel » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:38 pm

SMU Pom Mom wrote:I say snag Pitino and hire a full time assistant compliance officer to monitor every move he makes.

If you are going to do that then don’t hire him.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Not necessarily because he can't be trusted. I believe he would be motivated to stay clean. It would be to keep the NCAA happy.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby 78pony » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:29 pm

SMU Pom Mom wrote:Not necessarily because he can't be trusted. I believe he would be motivated to stay clean. It would be to keep the NCAA happy.

I would rather pay someone $100K to shadow Pitino and keep him on the straight & narrow vs paying tankovitch for another year of failure and excuses. Creative solutions beat accepting defeat and the resignation that there is nothing that can be done at this time.
78pony
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:56 pm

Embrace Janks for next year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:59 pm

I really don't want to think about next year right now, especially knowing that McMurray and Foster are gone and Whitt might be as well.
Charleston Pony

Postby PonySnob » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:06 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:I really don't want to think about next year right now, especially knowing that McMurray and Foster are gone and Whitt might be as well.

CJ and Memphis Doug to the rescue.....and don’t forget Everett Ray and Jahmar Young!
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:10 pm

PonySnob wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:I really don't want to think about next year right now, especially knowing that McMurray and Foster are gone and Whitt might be as well.

CJ and Memphis Doug to the rescue.....and don’t forget Everett Ray and Jahmar Young!

Counting on Jasey to bolster the low post along with maybe??? Ray and Young but what's really scary is that it appears we will be counting on McBride, Bandoumel, C.J. and Memphis Doug to replace McMurray!
Charleston Pony

Postby PonySnob » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:12 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
PonySnob wrote:

Counting on Jasey to bolster the low post along with maybe??? Ray and Young but what's really scary is that it appears we will be counting on McBride, Bandoumel, C.J. and Memphis Doug to replace McMurray!

Did the three who were healthy this year even contribute 4 points a game between them?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:28 pm

PonySnob wrote:Did the three who were healthy this year even contribute 4 points a game between them?

Backcourt bench:

Dixon averaged 5.1 ppg
C.J. White 1.9 PPG
Memphis Doug 0.8 ppg

Next year's bench better produce more than 8 ppg because I don't see anyone replacing McMurray's 18 ppg
Charleston Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball