PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thank you PonyFans

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Thank you PonyFans

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:38 pm

The best thing we can do for the program is, for those who did renew, to not renew. For those of us who didn’t, do not give in to buying single game tickets. Watch the game from home if you must but just get on social media and just constantly call for his firing. Low level stuff like fanbuzz caught on to one parody account and now there’s a few more. I’m really hoping to see more just to keep the attention on how embarrassing the sport program is being ran. I’m beyond disappointed and that’s my go-forward plan. As I said in my tweet, 19-20 season is cancelled.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:38 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:The best thing we can do for the program is, for those who did renew, to not renew. For those of us who didn’t, do not give in to buying single game tickets. Watch the game from home if you must but just get on social media and just constantly call for his firing. Low level stuff like fanbuzz caught on to one parody account and now there’s a few more. I’m really hoping to see more just to keep the attention on how embarrassing the sport program is being ran. I’m beyond disappointed and that’s my go-forward plan. As I said in my tweet, 19-20 season is cancelled.

Give the basketball money to football

Sonny and staff are kicking [deleted]
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:52 am

I do like what Sonny is doing and as for Jank and the excuse that it's tough to recruit because of the sanctions I say BULL! There is no post season ban and having 2 fewer 'ships just increases the chance for a newcomer to earn early playing time. When sanctions were 1st imposed, attendance was strong so that wasn't a factor like it will be going forward. Sonny and his staff are recruiting pretty well despite playing in a half empty Ford Stadium, so it's all about effort and enthusiasm/vision for the future of the program.
Charleston Pony

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:10 am

Jank has spares, that he recruited....sitting on the bench.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:16 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:Jank has spares, that he recruited....sitting on the bench.

.... while passing on guys who walked in and made a difference at the places they ended up.... as will happen again next year. Total negligence. How do the decision makers not see this?
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby redpony » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:02 am

This whole episode is a big fiasco.
First, nobody had to write a check for 5 mill. as some supporters of tankovich have stated. Most contracts are paid out over the period of the contract. i.e. coach SD- to whom cal is still paying. So it seems like most of our 'big bucks' donors were more hat than cattle. Perhaps a big hat, two old cows and a lot of BS.

Second, Where are the millions that we SHOULD have received from HCCM running to ark? or was our AD so inept that he failed to get any compensation?? Those funds could have been used to assist with the tankovich buyout.

Like many I am out of here regarding bball until changes are made. I would suggest that all fans and former fans not buy tickets or support the bball organization in any way until changes are made. We all know the only thing this school understands is the almighty $$ so until they realize fans and alums should count we should refuse any form of financial donations to them until changes are made
redpony

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:21 am

redpony wrote:This whole episode is a big fiasco.
First, nobody had to write a check for 5 mill. as some supporters of tankovich have stated. Most contracts are paid out over the period of the contract. i.e. coach SD- to whom cal is still paying. So it seems like most of our 'big bucks' donors were more hat than cattle. Perhaps a big hat, two old cows and a lot of BS.

Second, Where are the millions that we SHOULD have received from HCCM running to ark? or was our AD so inept that he failed to get any compensation?? Those funds could have been used to assist with the tankovich buyout.

Like many I am out of here regarding bball until changes are made. I would suggest that all fans and former fans not buy tickets or support the bball organization in any way until changes are made. We all know the only thing this school understands is the almighty $$ so until they realize fans and alums should count we should refuse any form of financial donations to them until changes are made
Check your pm Red
One Trick Pony

Previous

Return to Basketball