PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Boulevard movement

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Boulevard movement

Postby redpony » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:11 pm

All pay attention- mama Gambino has spoken. jk-lol
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby midwestpony » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:47 pm

Me and my friends just graduated and think you would get kids by making every game count for homecoming points and having a mandatory sign in and sign out. The girls will care about it and guys tend to follow the girls.
midwestpony
Recruit

Postby ObeyMyDog » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:08 pm

midwestpony wrote:Me and my friends just graduated and think you would get kids by making every game count for homecoming points and having a mandatory sign in and sign out. The girls will care about it and guys tend to follow the girls.

No chance. What the fraternities should do is refuse to participate and make the sororities throw the tailgates. I'm fairly certain the sororities still aren't allowed to have booze at official events. So then you'll have a dry tailgate and light the entire school's plan on fire bc everyone just won't go.

Honestly, unless the school is going to let them drink more than 2 beers and have fun there is absolutely no point debating a way to make it work. It simply will not work and it will be a sad disaster (unless SMU starts winning a la nee moody basketball)
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:23 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:Honestly, unless the school is going to let them drink more than 2 beers and have fun there is absolutely no point debating a way to make it work. It simply will not work and it will be a sad disaster (unless SMU starts winning a la nee moody basketball)

Have to allow more than two beers for football though because of the time. Maybe eight?
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby mtrout » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:37 pm

Gender equity in student affairs? Does this mean we should mandate the equestrian team handle peruna? That’s a start, right? Wtf are we doing?
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby ObeyMyDog » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:38 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
ObeyMyDog wrote:Honestly, unless the school is going to let them drink more than 2 beers and have fun there is absolutely no point debating a way to make it work. It simply will not work and it will be a sad disaster (unless SMU starts winning a la nee moody basketball)

Have to allow more than two beers for football though because of the time. Maybe eight?

I was referring to their tag system in the Blvd. Maybe I'm missing the joke, sorry if I am.

Side rant here - restricting beer is the dumbest thing ever as all you're doing is encouraging kids to hammer liquor before they show up to their restricted beer environment. It is classic SMU ignorant nonsense. Vanderbilt won't light you up for having beer on campus bc they've understood this for a very long time, as you'd hope reasonable adults would. But we don't like to compare ourselves to Vanderbilt so....
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby edwa » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:20 pm

its 4 beers on the boulevard not 2, iirc
edwa
Junior Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:25 am

ObeyMyDog wrote:
DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:

I was referring to their tag system in the Blvd. Maybe I'm missing the joke, sorry if I am.

Side rant here - restricting beer is the dumbest thing ever as all you're doing is encouraging kids to hammer liquor before they show up to their restricted beer environment. It is classic SMU ignorant nonsense. Vanderbilt won't light you up for having beer on campus bc they've understood this for a very long time, as you'd hope reasonable adults would. But we don't like to compare ourselves to Vanderbilt so....

That's exactly what I meant. They should have a tag for eight beers for football.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Mexmustang » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:20 am

What if they allowed the student tents to re-open for 30 minutes at half-time?
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:37 am

I continue to be amazed that I could go to the Cotton Bowl, sit on wooden bleachers, watch a football game without talking on a phone, have a stale hotdog and a flat coke and watch a halftime show, never hear "music" or an advertisement on the PA and stay for the whole game and say I had a good time! (Even though we got our brains beat out by UT) Sick! Get off my lawn.
Bergermeister

Postby redpony » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:26 am

Yes. Plus the frats used to join up with a sorority and charter a bus to the games. the buses were almost always totally full.
redpony

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 am

Bergermeister wrote:I continue to be amazed that I could go to the Cotton Bowl, sit on wooden bleachers, watch a football game without talking on a phone, have a stale hotdog and a flat coke and watch a halftime show, never hear "music" or an advertisement on the PA and stay for the whole game and say I had a good time! (Even though we got our brains beat out by UT) Sick! Get off my lawn.
Yeah but there were Quaaludes back then.
One Trick Pony

Postby mrydel » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:46 am

I would estimate 70% of the ladies were “pregnant” carrying bundles of joy in the form of whiskey and/or beer.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:53 am

mrydel wrote:I would estimate 70% of the ladies were “pregnant” carrying bundles of joy in the form of whiskey and/or beer.
Lol
One Trick Pony

Postby redpony » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:58 am

I guess we could always call this RGT's plan for a big BM.
redpony

PreviousNext

Return to Football