PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

2019 Recruiting

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: 2019 Recruiting

Postby ObeyMyDog » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:30 am

I didn't say he is leaving, I said he wants to. Really healthy environment we got going on
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby PonyTime » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:49 am

ObeyMyDog wrote:I didn't say he is leaving, I said he wants to. Really healthy environment we got going on

I wish I could read minds too. What's your secret?
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:16 am

ObeyMyDog wrote:I didn't say he is leaving, I said he wants to. Really healthy environment we got going on

I understand most of us would have preferred a change but this garbage is ridiculous. We are stuck with Jankovich another season or two whether we like it or not. I understand not being a fan of of Jankovich but you are clearly not even a fan of SMU. Contrived rumors on an SMU forum are the lowest of the low. Bring back CargoGunki or some of the other trolls.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ObeyMyDog » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:29 am

mustangxc wrote:

I understand most of us would have preferred a change but this garbage is ridiculous. We are stuck with Jankovich another season or two whether we like it or not. I understand not being a fan of of Jankovich but you are clearly not even a fan of SMU. Contrived rumors on an SMU forum are the lowest of the low. Bring back CargoGunki or some of the other trolls.

Please spare me of that sanctimonious nonsense. I trust where I got that from 100% and there's no need to go in to it further because if you want to doubt it then you're going to doubt it and that's it. Clearly you want to doubt it because you love SMU and I don't, or something. What a joke.
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:13 am

Is it true there's a for sale sign in the front yard ?
One Trick Pony

Postby ponyboy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:08 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:Anyone who defends Jank at all at this point is in denial.

Who has defended him? I haven’t seen a post doing that in a long time. Unless of course you mean by “defending” not leaving a burning bag of dog crap on his front porch last night or making up five cute insults a day derived from his last name.
ponyboy

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:21 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:
mustangxc wrote:

Please spare me of that sanctimonious nonsense. I trust where I got that from 100% and there's no need to go in to it further because if you want to doubt it then you're going to doubt it and that's it. Clearly you want to doubt it because you love SMU and I don't, or something. What a joke.

Some things are just better off left PF. True or not, this would be a great example.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby mustangxc » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:11 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:
ObeyMyDog wrote:
mustangxc wrote:I understand most of us would have preferred a change but this garbage is ridiculous. We are stuck with Jankovich another season or two whether we like it or not. I understand not being a fan of of Jankovich but you are clearly not even a fan of SMU. Contrived rumors on an SMU forum are the lowest of the low. Bring back CargoGunki or some of the other trolls.

Some things are just better off left PF. True or not, this would be a great example.

My thoughts exactly! Given how many kids transfer nowadays I am sure many player consider transferring after a losing season. Nonetheless, that doesn't need to be published, especially by our own supposed fans on our main fan site. We are stuck with Jankovich at least another season so we need the team in the best position to succeed and we really don't need rumors flying around.
mustangxc

Postby redpony » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:47 pm

sometimes the truth hurts. just like trashovich being here another year.
redpony

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:17 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:Yeah, who cares about being good at basketball? And why should we expect any effort whatsoever from a coach we pay almost $2 million per year? Let’s go back to sucking and having no one in the stands and being completely irrelevant. What a pathetic, loser mentality some of you have.

None of that post makes any sense. Fire Jank is not a plan. There is no guarantee it makes the program better, and it is probably not an option becasue of the $$, so we are stuck with JAnk for good or bad.

You are just making sure its worse.

The loser mentality is thinking $$ just solves everything. What is needed is leadership, faith, and people pulling together.

Telling other people to take out their checkbooks for your own gratification is what is pathetic.

Money does solve everything. Like when we poured $40M into the Moody renovation and then gave Larry Brown a big contract and finally started winning. Unfortunately, we also made loser Jankovich the HC in waiting (and made him the highest paid asst in the nation at the time) even though he’d never done much as a HC at North Texas or Illinois State.

Now we’re stuck with a loser coach who cant recruit and has zero energy or enthusiasm for the program. Virtually everyone agrees we’d be better off kicking him to the curb, but alas we’re stuck with for at least another season, because we’re SMU and we’re stupid. For what we’re paying Jank we could have a great head coach who actually cares about this program and wants to win. It’s pathetic that we finally saw the potential this program has with top ten teams, conference championships, and an unreal home court environment and are content to litertally throw it all away.

But you’ll get your wish...we’ll be back to losing a ton of games with no one inside Moody next season...enjoy!
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:18 pm

ponyboy wrote:
ObeyMyDog wrote:Anyone who defends Jank at all at this point is in denial.

Who has defended him? I haven’t seen a post doing that in a long time. Unless of course you mean by “defending” not leaving a burning bag of dog crap on his front porch last night or making up five cute insults a day derived from his last name.

Jankovich is ruining this program...do you disagree?
East Coast Mustang

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:24 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:
mustangxc wrote:

Damn. I had no idea Michael Avenatti followed SMU.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby ObeyMyDog » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:01 pm

redpony wrote:sometimes the truth hurts. just like trashovich being here another year.

Exactly

I'm pretty shocked even by PF standards I'm getting blowback here. I have zero problem with kids doing what they want/feel is best for them. I also don't understand why some think it shouldn't be uttered if any player of any sport has the desire to be somewhere else. It's just reality. I find it all very fascinating in the context of the current state of the basketball program and all the mental gymnastics a group of people are doing to not call this thing a complete dumpster fire.
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:10 pm

Yo East - Money doesn't solve everything . Not cancer, ugly or stupidity .
One Trick Pony

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:44 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:Yo East - Money doesn't solve everything . Not cancer, ugly or stupidity .

Well Jank is a stupid cancer on our athletic department, and money would solve that.
East Coast Mustang

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball