PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mike Anderson

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Mike Anderson

Postby mrydel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Yeah that $54 million a year sucks. And they have performed as well or better than 1/2 of the other conference schools.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Arkpony » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:43 pm

mrydel wrote:Yeah that $54 million a year sucks. And they have performed as well or better than 1/2 of the other conference schools.

True!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby horsemanx » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:53 pm

mrydel sure is going to be conflicted when SMU finally gets in the SEC :lol:
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby gohogs14 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:03 pm

ponypatrick wrote:
mrydel wrote:Apparently Musselman outvoted his wife and is heading to Arkansas.

If true, it shows how little respect the Hog program now has nationally. Seems like it was just yesterday that I was sitting in Barnhill South (Reunion Area) watching one of the most exciting basketball teams in the country and hearing an ear shattering call of the hogs. E.M. had to be their fifth or sixth choice. I think SEC has been a very big mistake for UA.

Eh, Beard just made the NC game so he wasn’t an option, Sampson wanted his son as head coach in waiting, no one has been able to pry Marshall away from Wichita. I think it’s a pretty solid hire, better than Steve Alford or Richard Pitino. LSU was probably going to hire him if Wade was let go.
gohogs14
Scout Team

Postby ponypatrick » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:55 am

mrydel wrote:Yeah that $54 million a year sucks. And they have performed as well or better than 1/2 of the other conference schools.

Spoken like a true Arkansan ( see Jerry Jones ).....................It's more about the $$$$ than the championships :roll:
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby gostangs » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:35 pm

Beard going to Arkansas was about as real as Saban going to UT.
gostangs

Postby mrydel » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:54 pm

gostangs wrote:Beard going to Arkansas was about as real as Saban going to UT.

I tend to agree but he had agreed to talk with them if he lost in the final four. A local sportscaster here who supposedly has good inside sources said today that Greg Marshall wanted the job. He was asked to wait until they had the opportunity to speak with Beard if it arose. Marshall told them to stuff it. He said if they wanted him to hire him now. He would not be a fall back choice.
mrydel

Postby mrydel » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:59 pm

ponypatrick wrote:

Spoken like a true Arkansan ( see Jerry Jones ).....................It's more about the $$$$ than the championships :roll:

Well let’s see. A national championship in BB. 2 or 3 final 4s. A handful of SEC West Championships (granted no SEC overall title). A dropped pop up with 2 outs in the 9th from being last year’s baseball national champion. Including non revenue sports, more national championships than any other SEC school.

I am not a die hard Razorback supporter. I attended, graduated, played football, and coached at SMU and will always be one of the biggest supporters. But Arkansas fits in just fine in the SEC.
mrydel

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:07 pm

mrydel wrote:
gostangs wrote:Beard going to Arkansas was about as real as Saban going to UT.

I tend to agree but he had agreed to talk with them if he lost in the final four. A local sportscaster here who supposedly has good inside sources said today that Greg Marshall wanted the job. He was asked to wait until they had the opportunity to speak with Beard if it arose. Marshall told them to stuff it. He said if they wanted him to hire him now. He would not be a fall back choice.

Good for Marshall!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Previous

Return to Basketball