PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Letter to STHs

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Letter to STHs

Postby FriscoPMG » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:40 pm

I assume all season ticket holders received the same letter from Hart and Jank dated 4/7/19.
Some of the highlights from this letter:

We are committed to doing what it takes to get back on top...We are also making progress to enhance our non-conference schedule -- match-ups that will generate excitement and prepare our team for competition in the AAC.

In a sense, the 2019-20 season represents a fresh start. We are putting a tumultuous period in our program's history behind us.

We look forward to pursuing championships and competing in the post-season in 2019-20. Our alumni, students and fans play a key role in restoring the Magic

I'm glad they at least acknowledged the weak non-conference schedule and the fact that Moody Magic is dead. Now we'll see if they back those statements up.

And calling next season a "fresh start" after a "tumultuous period in our program's history" seems a bit dramatic. Normally a fresh start includes making changes, so without replacing the current coach, they're putting A LOT of stock in the development of the current roster and the incoming new players.
FriscoPMG
All-American

Re: Letter to STHs

Postby mustangxc » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:40 pm

If we manage to land 2 more of our current top 4 targets I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt regarding the so called fresh start.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU Section F » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:32 pm

I think the horse is already out of the barn, but I'd sure love to be wrong.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby Caballo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:54 am

The letter I received was addressed to a "soon to be former" STH.
Caballo
All-American

Postby skyscraper » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:44 pm

Jank can't coach and that won't change even if he starts nabbing decent recruits.
SMU is now digging out of a hole on the court and off the court for the next few seasons.
skyscraper

Postby PonyLaw90 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:14 pm

I received mine and my first thought was “what a sad admission to make given that 1 year ago during the reseat, the AD and coach touted how SMU’s record matched many of the blue bloods.”

Second, the letter should have come from Jank and should have contained a lot of “I’s” and “you’s.”
“ I know that I’ve let you down and what you’ve come to expect. I asked for your commitment as ticket holders, and I didn't hold up my end of the bargain. Injuries and scholarships aside, you deserved better and I am committed to restoring your faith and the Magic ay Moody.”

Instead it was stale and went right into my trash.
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Postby Pony Grey Hair » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:58 am

You are right on. You can't believe anything SMU Athletics tells you, Every year for Turner's 23 yrs its been wait until next year so give us your money now. No one is held accountable for what they say and what the results are. SMU is the master of deceit. Anything to get in your pocket book.
Pony Grey Hair
Scout Team

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:10 am

Aggressive leadership is non-existent in the department of athletics. We are UTA with a football team and no baseball team. No sense of urgency. Until that department is completely cleaned out, there will be no escape from the quagmire.
Bergermeister

Postby redpony » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:01 am

berg-
+1000
redpony

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 am

I want my own fountain and I have $5
One Trick Pony

Postby redpony » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:13 pm

OTP- you don't need a fountain,, you have a nice pool. :)
redpony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:24 pm

PonyLaw90 wrote:I received mine and my first thought was “what a sad admission to make given that 1 year ago during the reseat, the AD and coach touted how SMU’s record matched many of the blue bloods.”

Second, the letter should have come from Jank and should have contained a lot of “I’s” and “you’s.”
“ I know that I’ve let you down and what you’ve come to expect. I asked for your commitment as ticket holders, and I didn't hold up my end of the bargain. Injuries and scholarships aside, you deserved better and I am committed to restoring your faith and the Magic ay Moody.”

Instead it was stale and went right into my trash.

This! I think the letter drafted was Rick and team and they just added Tank's name to it to try to end the parody accounts :).
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:15 pm

redpony wrote:OTP- you don't need a fountain,, you have a nice pool. :)
It's not mine and I don't have to maintain it either haha
One Trick Pony

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:03 am

can't wait to come back to this thread when our terrible OOC comes out. It will probably constitute of @Washington State and @Utah. The excitement!
Pony ^

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:05 am

Pony Grey Hair wrote:You are right on. You can't believe anything SMU Athletics tells you, Every year for Turner's 23 yrs its been wait until next year so give us your money now. No one is held accountable for what they say and what the results are. SMU is the master of deceit. Anything to get in your pocket book.

This
Pony ^

Next

Return to Basketball