PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cincy melting down.

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Cincy melting down.

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed May 08, 2019 6:40 am

With Mick working on his tan , driving a convertible, hanging with Randy Newman and big nasty redheads the Cincy lineup will look nothing like recent years.
Both guards: Jennifer and Broome have graduated.
Nysier Brooks just transferred to Miami.
Cumberland might still return but may not. Same with Fredericks.

Looks like they’ll be fighting the Mustangs for sixth or seventh place in the AAC next season.

Pretty much a total rebuild kinda like here in Jankistan.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Cincy melting down.

Postby SMU Section F » Wed May 08, 2019 9:22 am

sadderbudweiser wrote:With Mick working on his tan , driving a convertible, hanging with Randy Newman and big nasty redheads the Cincy lineup will look nothing like recent years.

Looks like they’ll be fighting the Mustangs for sixth or seventh place in the AAC next season.

Certainly not an ideal situation for them right now, but I'd still gladly trade. Just saying.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed May 08, 2019 9:55 am

Don't know if their new guy had any recruits lined up at N. Kentucky that would be capable of contributing at the AAC level so this definitely is going to be a challenging year for them with Cronin's leaving so late
Charleston Pony

Postby PonyLawExpress » Wed May 08, 2019 11:29 am

sadderbudweiser wrote:With Mick working on his tan , driving a convertible, hanging with Randy Newman and big nasty redheads the Cincy lineup will look nothing like recent years.

Fredericks already transferred to UAB I think. Their only commit Samari Curtis decommitted as well.

If they lose Cumberland it will be a complete rebuild for the new guy, they would only have 2 guys who will have averaged over 12MPG or 3PPG and no incoming recruits or transfers. I am sure the new guy will find some people but pickings are getting slim.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby PonyLaw90 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:49 pm

It gives me no joy to see Cincy reeling at the moment. I think it weakens the AAC. There is room for this league to have 4-5 good teams every year but in order for that to happen, there has to be some consistency at the top of the tier. If you are a Top 100 recruit, is this the year you commit to Houston, Cincy, Wichita State, UConn or SMU? Next year none of these teams will be a Top 25-30 to start the season. That doesn't bid well for the conference.
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Postby sadderbudweiser » Thu May 09, 2019 12:16 pm

PonyLaw90 wrote:It gives me no joy to see Cincy reeling at the moment. I think it weakens the AAC. There is room for this league to have 4-5 good teams every year but in order for that to happen, there has to be some consistency at the top of the tier. If you are a Top 100 recruit, is this the year you commit to Houston, Cincy, Wichita State, UConn or SMU? Next year none of these teams will be a Top 25-30 to start the season. That doesn't bid well for the conference.

Memphis and USF moving up..... Cincy and UCF headed to mid pack with SMU. EARLY picks for top 4 are Houston, USF, Memphis and WSU.
MID pack is UCONN, Temple, SMU, UCF, Cincy.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby SMU Section F » Thu May 09, 2019 3:31 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:MID pack is UCONN, Temple, SMU, UCF, Cincy.

That would be a nice improvement. I'm trying to optimistic about SMU next season and failing.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby redpony » Thu May 09, 2019 6:21 pm

No way we will be middle of the pack. Since there were no changes I expect to see us at the bottom until about a year after we have a new coach etc. Can you say ' three years"? yes, I knew you could.
redpony

Postby Terry Webster » Thu May 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Word up here is that the reason Cronin moved on is that he expected the roster changes and that he knew this might be his last chance to move to a big time program. uc is in for a world of hurt next year.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Thu May 09, 2019 11:25 pm

redpony wrote:No way we will be middle of the pack. Since there were no changes I expect to see us at the bottom until about a year after we have a new coach etc. Can you say ' three years"? yes, I knew you could.

Are you happy about anything?
ponyboy

Postby redpony » Fri May 10, 2019 8:56 am

pboy- there is a helluva difference between being objective and being unhappy. At my age I am thrilled each day that I wake up and try to make the most of it.
redpony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri May 10, 2019 9:18 am

redpony wrote:No way we will be middle of the pack. Since there were no changes I expect to see us at the bottom until about a year after we have a new coach etc. Can you say ' three years"? yes, I knew you could.

That range is 5-9 in the AAC. Fifth gets a possible lousy NCAA seed or an NIT BERTH with some home games.
Ninth gets bupkes. With our luck we get 7th and Jank keeps his job using god knows how many excuses. We still need one more serious contributor to be relevant. If you trust in Jank’s evaluations (hah!!! Line forms to the left) maybe it’s Bandoumel or Smith IV.

IT’s really tough supporting the team and still wanting a coaching upgrade.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri May 10, 2019 9:22 am

redpony wrote:pboy- there is a helluva difference between being objective and being unhappy. At my age I am thrilled each day that I wake up and try to make the most of it.

“Old enough to know the score.... young enough to want MORE More More...

.... saw The Blasters live last night....talk about old... but still bringin it.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby ponyboy » Fri May 10, 2019 3:50 pm

The Blasters are my era. Guess I’m old too
ponyboy

Postby PonyLawExpress » Fri May 10, 2019 7:41 pm

Add Logan Johnson to list of UC transfers. He was expected to start or play big minutes. Things getting rough for UC
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Next

Return to Basketball