PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New home for Aldrick Robinson

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

New home for Aldrick Robinson

Postby PonyPride » Sun May 19, 2019 12:19 am

From panthers.com:

Aldrick Robinson signs one-year contract with Panthers
Bryan Strickland
SENIOR WRITER

CHARLOTTE – The Panthers have filled the opening on their 90-man roster with Aldrick Robinson, an unrestricted free agent with a track record as a reliable complementary receiver.

"They want to stretch the field. They want me to add to that. They like my speed and my ability to open things up," Robinson said. "I can create separation and get by defenders."

Robinson, who has 86 career receptions for 1,422 yards and 14 touchdowns, signed a one-year contract. The 5-foot-10, 185-pounder scored five touchdowns last season for the Vikings, the fourth team he's scored for since the Redskins selected him in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft.

"My career has been a grind," Robinson said. "I've always had to prove myself everywhere I've been. I'm OK with that."

A speedster out of SMU, Robinson spent his rookie year on Washington's practice squad but has played in at least 14 games in five of the seven seasons since. He played just five games for Washington in 2014 and was out of football in 2015, but every other year since 2012 he's scored at least two touchdowns despite catching no more than 20 passes in any season.

Robinson recorded a 4.43 in the 40 at the 2011 NFL Combine and has at least one 40-yard-plus reception in five of the last six seasons that he's been on a roster.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: New home for Aldrick Robinson

Postby Thumper » Sun May 19, 2019 10:14 am

Still the fastest post-DP player?
I can't think of anyone faster.
Thumper
Varsity