PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tweet about Chad Morris

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tweet about Chad Morris

Postby PonySnob » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:57 am

Interesting:

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Tweet about Chad Morris

Postby mtrout » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:21 am

I thought he was supposed to be Mr. Positive riding the Energy Bus.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:51 am

Not trying to defend him because I think we all know he is pretty ego driven, but that tweet sounds like a disgruntled former player to me. One of the criticisms of Beleima was he was too close to his players and very undisciplined. It will be interesting to see if Morris addresses this in any way. My guess is he will not publicly.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:31 pm

always said he was a used car salesman, but I'm with Myrdel. Can't imagine him hauling in those transfers who had played for him before if all that is true...sounds like a walk-on that got the shaft
Pony ^

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:22 pm

mrydel wrote:Not trying to defend him because I think we all know he is pretty ego driven, but that tweet sounds like a disgruntled former player to me. One of the criticisms of Beleima was he was too close to his players and very undisciplined. It will be interesting to see if Morris addresses this in any way. My guess is he will not publicly.
^^^^^^
One Trick Pony

Postby footballdad » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:12 pm

Can never trust a used car salesman.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyup123456 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:32 am

I've heard that Craddock was a jerk to the practice D, especially walk-ons, when it came to Hicks so the second class citizen part is believable. There will always be kids who feel left out or unfairly treated by the new head coach as he is actively trying to replace them so the relationship part I'd take with a grain of salt.
ponyup123456

Postby MadJack » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:38 pm

I'm usually just a reader on this forum, but must weigh in. First, I do not know Coach Morris that well personally, but when I approached him at SMU he always acted like I was his best friend. That's what Division coaches do. My son never played for him at Lake Travis, but we were very familiar with him from how the coaches he left behind there spoke about him. After an injury his senior year, my son had no scholarship offers to play at the next level. Only an offer to walk-on at TCU and possibly get on scholarship in a couple of years. Then Coach Morris called me. He wanted my son but he would have to be a walk-on as no scholarship available in the fall of 2015, but he gave his word that he would put him on scholarship in January 2016. I trusted him, more importantly, my son trusted him. He kept his word. As a walk-on, my son did not have the luxury of lower admission standards that the scholarship players had. When he applied, he was denied. Coach Morris then went to work with the admissions staff presenting why he felt my son would be successful at SMU if they admitted him. They did and he was.
My son will tell you he never felt like he was treated differently because he was a walk-on, he ate the same meals, got the same clothing perks and more importantly, had the same access to the tutors. So I am calling BS if someone says he treats walk-ons different, they may not get the "star" treatment but are for sure not exiled. Certainly my son was disappointed when Morris and most of his staff left, it was all he knew while at SMU for 3 years. Coach Morris is what he is, a Division 1 head football coach and all that entails, car salesman, guru and sometimes father-figure.
MadJack
Scout Team

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:10 pm

Car gurus is a good site.
One Trick Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:25 pm

mrydel wrote: that tweet sounds like a disgruntled former player to me

Agree. Probably a walk-on and I don't doubt that he worked hard in the classroom, at practicce and in the weight room but he probably had a much higher opinion of his abilities than the coaching staff did
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:18 pm

It could be our new cornerback
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:28 pm

mrydel wrote:It could be our new cornerback
.Image
One Trick Pony

Postby ponyboy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:40 pm

Thanks for the perspective, MadJack
ponyboy

Postby mrydel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:52 pm

An Arkansas walk-on running back has just entered the transfer portal. Possibly the author of the tweet.
mrydel

Return to Football