PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Looking forward to the game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Looking forward to the game

Postby tristatecoog » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:59 pm

For $30, a UNT student bus trip includes the following: A game ticket, bus to and from Denton for the game, boxed lunch from Jason's Deli, and a beat SMU shirt.

I sat on Phyllis George's lap as a two year old after she won Miss America. According to Wikipedia, "She attended North Texas State University (now University of North Texas [UNT]) for three years until she was crowned Miss Texas in 1970. At that time, Texas Christian University awarded scholarships to Miss Texas honorees. As a result, George left UNT and enrolled at TCU for several weeks until winning the Miss America crown later that fall." [Interesting that TCU offered scholarships to Miss Texas winners.]
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby fussbudget » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:46 pm

HubbaHubba wrote: They travel with some fans since they're close and what else is there to do in Denton.

fussbudget
Recruit

Postby Nacho » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:12 am

This is my least favorite game every year. Just get it over with. I may not go again. A bad vibe. Not a fun game. We will win but it does nothing for me. A so what game.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Nacho » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:12 am

This is my least favorite game every year. Just get it over with. I may not go again. A bad vibe. Not a fun game. We will win but it does nothing for me. A so what game.
Nacho

Postby PonyTime » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:25 am

sbsmith wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:Like it or not, at the level of football SMU is currently playing. UNT is a nice local rivalry game.

It's not a rivalry game until the fans decide it's one and right now neither fanbase can even be bothered to sell out their little 30K seat stadiums for the game.

UNT had to offer up a wrestling match post game last year to help draw for this game.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smitty329 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:10 am

82Pony wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/09/03/college-football-ncaa-re-rank-auburn-rise-tennessee-falling/2189793001/

NTSU is currently ranked 46th. SMU is ranked 78th. We will see who's better on Saturday. Just win baby.

Wow - this is the worst job of rankings I have seen - they have us in front of Texas Tech? Here is how this poll is determined as listed on the USA Today site- "The panel is chosen by random draw, conference by conference plus independents, from a pool of coaches who have indicated to the American Football Coaches Association their willingness to participate." Translation - "We asked all the coaches if they would like to participate and none responded. We then went to jaded ex-coaches who are now working at Home Depot, and were told to go sit on a first down marker. We decided to go back to the original coaches and this time threw in an AMWAY gift card and a 5 Gallon pail of powdered Laundry Detergent. Here is what the 7 coaches came up with."

If you are stuck in a rural hotel with no internet and must turn to the USAToday for information, see Sagarin's poll - much more thought put into it (SMU - 86, NTSU 94)

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
smitty329
All-American

Postby meangreenfan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:55 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:If you spend three minutes perusing the GMG board, it will confirm everything you ever suspected about the value of a UNT diploma.

That's is uncalled for. Please step down off your high horse sir.
meangreenfan
Recruit

Postby OLfan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:30 pm

meangreenfan wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:If you spend three minutes perusing the GMG board, it will confirm everything you ever suspected about the value of a UNT diploma.

That's is uncalled for. Please step down off your high horse sir.

LOL! So, Mensagreenfan...you go to another team's board, directly call out one of their players as "dirty" and challenge the staff's recruiting ability, etc., etc. Then you get triggered by a response??

So, either you are a poorly disguised troll with thin skin and weak trash talk or, perhaps you're just not that bright? ...or both? Which is it?
OLfan
Junior Varsity

Postby Treadway21 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:34 pm

PonyTime wrote:
sbsmith wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:Like it or not, at the level of football SMU is currently playing. UNT is a nice local rivalry game.

It's not a rivalry game until the fans decide it's one and right now neither fanbase can even be bothered to sell out their little 30K seat stadiums for the game.

UNT had to offer up a wrestling match post game last year to help draw for this game.
That was the only thing good about the game - Hacksaw Jim Duggan
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Previous

Return to Football