PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Uniform Talk

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Uniform Talk

Postby shadowman » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:32 pm

I generally do like tradition and keeping the uniforms the same, but I have to say, I liked those helmets and "Dallas" on the front of the jerseys.

Lets go Dallas Mustangs!
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Re: Uniform Talk

Postby 35straight » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:57 pm

Now they need to sell them. Not only the jerseys, but the decals as well. I’ve been trying to get the Mustang(Dallas Skyline) decal for a while. If we want to be DALLAS’ team, then we need to start selling DALLAS.
35straight
Heisman

Postby shadowman » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:47 am

Was at the game, got home and watched the ESPN replay and I gotta say, those uniforms looked sharp. Those helmets were awesome, the iconic Dallas "D" logo with the red Pony inside. Very nice look.

I say when we go to Ft. Worth in two weeks, we break out the Dallas unis again, show those cowtown losers what its like to live in a REAL city.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby Big Hoss » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:39 am

35straight wrote:Now they need to sell them. Not only the jerseys, but the decals as well. I’ve been trying to get the Mustang(Dallas Skyline) decal for a while. If we want to be DALLAS’ team, then we need to start selling DALLAS.

I loved the helmet logo. Pony could have been slightly bigger for my taste but that's being nitpicky.

And YES, why in God's name have they not made that Dallas skyline logo into a decal you can buy, I'll never know.
Big Hoss
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyte » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:37 am

I was disappointed. I didn't play for Dalls. I played for SMU. Didn't notice even a small font SMU on the uniform. Maybe next they can wear a uniform for Texas. Then maybe one for illegal aliens. THen one for transvestites. Think of the ulimited potential to avoid SMU.
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:34 am

I get it, ponyte. But we’ve always acted as if we were this country club island. I love the bridges Dykes is building with the city. And it’s not like it’s a permanent uni change.

Unrelated: That indoor practice facility is first class. Wow.
ponyboy

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:42 am

I thought those unis were pretty sharp and I agree with comments about how good a job Sonny is doing trying to get SMU to identify more as Dallas' D-1 school/program. Not something that's going to happen overnight but I like the marketing approach. SMU's red mustang should be a very distinctive logo in the DFW area at the very least. I've got a blue t-shirt with just the red mustang and people over here in the Carolinas "sometimes" recognize it as SMU.
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:09 am

35straight wrote:Now they need to sell them. Not only the jerseys, but the decals as well. I’ve been trying to get the Mustang(Dallas Skyline) decal for a while. If we want to be DALLAS’ team, then we need to start selling DALLAS.

You certainly have insider contacts. Just ask the equipment staff for the decals. I contacted them a few years ago and asked them to send me the Mustang helmet decals and they did. Bet they would give you whatever you want.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby mrydel » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:12 am

ponyte wrote:I was disappointed. I didn't play for Dalls. I played for SMU. Didn't notice even a small font SMU on the uniform. Maybe next they can wear a uniform for Texas. Then maybe one for illegal aliens. THen one for transvestites. Think of the ulimited potential to avoid SMU.

Disagree my former travelmate. Dykes is pushing the “come back to Dallas “ theme in order to recruit transfers. I think it is brilliant. In most cases we cannot compete with the P5 for the highly rated recruits out of high school, but we can get them the second time around. I do hope we get back to more traditional uniforms going forward, but a tribute to the Dallas area was genius in my opinion.
mrydel

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:15 am

mrydel wrote:
ponyte wrote:I was disappointed. I didn't play for Dalls. I played for SMU. Didn't notice even a small font SMU on the uniform. Maybe next they can wear a uniform for Texas. Then maybe one for illegal aliens. THen one for transvestites. Think of the ulimited potential to avoid SMU.

Disagree my former travelmate. Dykes is pushing the “come back to Dallas “ theme in order to recruit transfers. I think it is brilliant. In most cases we cannot compete with the P5 for the highly rated recruits out of high school, but we can get them the second time around. I do hope we get back to more traditional uniforms going forward, but a tribute to the Dallas area was genius in my opinion.

A+
ALEX LIFESON

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:06 am

Yeah plus you may want to forget 99% of last
20 years of SMU football and reinvent the Brand with winning.
One Trick Pony

Postby Nacho » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:12 am

I liked the SMU on the Jersey but if we get more high caliber recruits with Dallas on the Jersey I'm good with it. The object is to win.
Nacho

Postby mrydel » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:24 am

Nacho wrote:I liked the SMU on the Jersey but if we get more high caliber recruits with Dallas on the Jersey I'm good with it. The object is to win.

I would like a return to SMU on the jersey. I just thought last night was a good tribute to Dallas.
mrydel

Postby PonySnob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:02 am

Still better than the June Jones black jerseys!
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby DiamondM75 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:07 am

Plus it is now the SMU/Mockingbird DART station. Such simple changes that get the name out.

We need to wear the Dallas jersey anytime we are on broadcast TV. They have to be worn at TCU.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Football