PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Uniform Talk

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Uniform Talk

Postby redpony » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:21 am

I love the fact that Sonny is making a real effort to engage the people/fans in Dallas. We need their support and getting it will take a long time, but you have to start somewhere. I also liked the shout out to Lamar Hunt and the former Dallas Texans.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:25 am

I think they stole the unis from the Dallas Cowboy retro look collection. 8) Dallas needs to check
their storage room for a break in. Nice picture of Troy Roberson catching his own pass for a TD on
the Ponyfans home page :!:

OK for this game, and possibly the toad frog game.
Last edited by PlanoStang on Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyscott » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:06 am

mrydel wrote:
ponyte wrote:I was disappointed. I didn't play for Dalls. I played for SMU. Didn't notice even a small font SMU on the uniform. Maybe next they can wear a uniform for Texas. Then maybe one for illegal aliens. THen one for transvestites. Think of the ulimited potential to avoid SMU.

Disagree my former travelmate. Dykes is pushing the “come back to Dallas “ theme in order to recruit transfers. I think it is brilliant. In most cases we cannot compete with the P5 for the highly rated recruits out of high school, but we can get them the second time around. I do hope we get back to more traditional uniforms going forward, but a tribute to the Dallas area was genius in my opinion.

^^^^^^^ Right on! The uni's are brilliant and totally what SMU needs to identify with the City of Dallas.
ponyscott

Postby JasonB » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:07 am

PlanoStang wrote:I think they stole the unis from the Dallas Cowboy retro look collection. 8) Dallas needs to check
their storage room for a break in. Nice picture of Troy Proche catching his own pass for a TD on
the Ponyfans home page :!:

OK for this game, and possibly the toad frog game.

Nope, I think they stole it from that awesome retro bball jersey with SMU in script on the front. These jerseys were great and need to be warn against UNT and TCU every year. And those SMU bball jerseys just need to be our standard.
JasonB

Postby mustangxc » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:32 am

I always prefer the traditional SMU look of white helmet with stripes, blue jersey, white pants with stripes, etc. However, I am totally on board with last night's look for 1-2 games each season as a tribute to Dallas. It is the type of thing that will help get the Dallas sports fan with no ties to SMU to come out and support SMU when we start winning so the timing of it with the ascension in talent should translate to more elite transfers and more people in the stands. Sonny Dykes is exactly what SMU has needed.
mustangxc

Postby mrydel » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:28 pm

If I understood the announcer right, certain aspects honored the Cowboys, some the city of Dallas, and I believe overall a tribute to Lamar Hunt. He might have been speculating on that. Is there a breakdown of exactly any specific tributes were shown?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby RGV Pony » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:31 pm

Here you go mrydel ImageImageImageImage
RGV Pony

Postby BIGHORSE » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:41 pm

These uniforms would be good for the game at Houston, more blue, and Dallas vs. Houston.
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:50 pm

RGV Pony wrote:Here you go mrydel ImageImageImageImage

Thanks RGV. I guess I had missed that.
mrydel

Postby Treadway21 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:26 pm

The numbers were great. Big, thin and easy to read from the stands. Old school.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby soccermom » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:26 pm

That’s interesting. Thanks for sharing.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:29 pm

mrydel wrote:
ponyte wrote:I was disappointed. I didn't play for Dalls. I played for SMU. Didn't notice even a small font SMU on the uniform. Maybe next they can wear a uniform for Texas. Then maybe one for illegal aliens. THen one for transvestites. Think of the ulimited potential to avoid SMU.

Disagree my former travelmate. Dykes is pushing the “come back to Dallas “ theme in order to recruit transfers. I think it is brilliant. In most cases we cannot compete with the P5 for the highly rated recruits out of high school, but we can get them the second time around. I do hope we get back to more traditional uniforms going forward, but a tribute to the Dallas area was genius in my opinion.

I got to my seat early so we could chat and lo and behold you were not there. I was sad
smupony94

Postby mrydel » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:33 pm

smupony94 wrote:
mrydel wrote:

I got to my seat early so we could chat and lo and behold you were not there. I was sad

I dropped my 104 tickets. 10 hour round trip alone wasn’t worth the cost. I still gave my Lettermen tickets and will try to make a game or two but for now it is ESPN3.
mrydel

Postby ponypatrick » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:35 pm

Your "Trump" alter ego is showing :lol:
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby Terry Webster » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:37 pm

I though the unis were terrific. I can see them pulling them out when the play Texas teams only as part of the marketing tool. Fits in with the whole transfer portal work. No need to use them when the play other teams in the conference who have no connection to Texas.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football