PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ben Hicks transfers to Hogs

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Ben Hicks transfers to Hogs

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:38 pm

Caballo wrote:
PonyTime wrote:I hope he at least gets a good grad degree out of Arkansas - because he chose not to complete his curriculum to get his Cox masters degree from SMU last spring.

https://www.wholehogsports.com/photos/2019/sep/07/888331/

Did anyone else find it ironic that Hicks took the number 6 at Arky? When I first saw that photo of the back of his jersey I thought it said Picks 6.

Classic.
I was going to photoshop that, then thought better .
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:34 pm

gohogs14 wrote:Hicks just lost the starting job, Starkel announced as QB for Colorado State

Knowing the kind of team player Hicks is, I am sure he will do everything he can to help Starkel in his new role.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:41 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:Hicks just lost the starting job, Starkel announced as QB for Colorado State

Knowing the kind of team player Hicks is, I am sure he will do everything he can to help Starkel in his new role.

He already did by his play.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby ponyte » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:54 pm

I am wondering why the fascination with Hicks and the Beloved Razorbacks? Both should be in our rear veiw mirror. Yet, this is the most active current thread on the entire site.

Why?

I wish Hicks well and hope he has a great carear and enjoys Fayetteville. His carear doesn't affect SMU or our team now.

I'm sure he will be proud of the Masters in Poultry Husbandry he will get from the Dept of Poultry Sciences. Housed in the famous John W. Tyson Building - The 112,000-square-foot John W. Tyson building is the home of the Center of Excellence for Poultry Science. The Center is the largest teaching and research facility on the University of Arkansas campus.

NIce the largest academic building is for chickens at U of A.
ponyte

Postby sbsmith » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:39 pm

ponyte wrote:I am wondering why the fascination with Hicks and the Beloved Razorbacks? Both should be in our rear veiw mirror. Yet, this is the most active current thread on the entire site.

Why?

Because this board excels at schadenfreude :lol:
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Mustangsabu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:01 pm

ponyte wrote:I am wondering why the fascination with Hicks and the Beloved Razorbacks? Both should be in our rear veiw mirror. Yet, this is the most active current thread on the entire site.

Why?

I wish Hicks well and hope he has a great carear and enjoys Fayetteville. His carear doesn't affect SMU or our team now.

I'm sure he will be proud of the Masters in Poultry Husbandry he will get from the Dept of Poultry Sciences. Housed in the famous John W. Tyson Building - The 112,000-square-foot John W. Tyson building is the home of the Center of Excellence for Poultry Science. The Center is the largest teaching and research facility on the University of Arkansas campus.

NIce the largest academic building is for chickens at U of A.

What did you think it would be for? Used-car sales?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:45 pm

gohogs14 wrote:Hicks just lost the starting job

PickSixHix could have stood around on the sidelines here in a half-full stadium or he can stand around the sideline in a great conference in mostly full large stadiums of rabid stadiums. Who knows he may come in as a relief pitcher every now and then. Like someone said...just glad him and Chad are gone from here. Chad will probably use Justin Stepp as his sacrificial lamb scapegoat and pretend things will change once Stepp is canned.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyKai » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:50 pm

Why?

Because it's a lot of fun to bludgeon Stallion endlessly with the parade of crap he trots out dressed up in snide comments and dropping 47 first-person references in a 2 paragraph post.
PonyKai

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Sonny hasn't made a lot of mistakes since taking the SMU job, but in hindsight he probably wishes he had not burned Brown's RS last year, or at least that he had played Brown more after he did play in that 5th game.
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:05 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:Hicks just lost the starting job

PickSixHix could have stood around on the sidelines here in a half-full stadium or he can stand around the sideline in a great conference in mostly full large stadiums of rabid stadiums. Who knows he may come in as a relief pitcher every now and then. Like someone said...just glad him and Chad are gone from here. Chad will probably use Justin Stepp as his sacrificial lamb scapegoat and pretend things will change once Stepp is canned.

Stepp is a god there. Craddock will be the sacrifice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:07 pm

mrydel wrote:Stepp is a god there. Craddock will be the sacrifice.

Gotcha...I knew someone would be the one to buy some time.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Big Hoss » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:23 am

Charleston Pony wrote:Sonny hasn't made a lot of mistakes since taking the SMU job, but in hindsight he probably wishes he had not burned Brown's RS last year, or at least that he had played Brown more after he did play in that 5th game.

Buechele coming here wasn’t a sure thing at the time. If that hadn’t happened and Brown was our starting QB this year, we’d all be glad that he had gotten some experience last season.
Big Hoss
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby dalpony » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:53 am

My 2 cents for whatever it’s worth, is that Brown will be redshirted this year (baring injury to Shane)
dalpony
Varsity

Postby leopold » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:37 am

Yeah, Sonny has said that publicly.

We will probably see Brown the NCAA allowed 4 games and that is it. Fantastic for the program.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Up » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:29 pm

ponyte wrote:I am wondering why the fascination with Hicks and the Beloved Razorbacks? Both should be in our rear veiw mirror.

No kidding. We're 2-0.
Best of luck to Hicks, but Buechele is who has me fired up.
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop