PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Whorns Strike Again

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Whorns Strike Again

Postby ponyte » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:35 pm

Oops! THe Whorns Admin is claiming LSU's Head Coaches public complaint of the vistors' locker didn't have AC is the first they have heard about the problem. It was 103 degrees at kick-off. Typical. Strange, the LSU coach was given a heads up and brought fans to help. But the Whorns knew nothing!

The Whorns pulled the same Bull when we played. Stuck us in a 'Track' locker room that was too small for a High School girls weight lifting team. Whorns have pulled this crap for decades.
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Whorns Strike Again

Postby Nacho » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:44 pm

Shocking! Those lovable scamps.
Nacho

Postby Paladin » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:45 pm

They stuck the LSU Band high in the nosebleed section. They can't claim they had nothing to do with that. Stay classy, UT !
Paladin
All-American

Postby docabel » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Paladin wrote:They stuck the LSU Band high in the nosebleed section. They can't claim they had nothing to do with that. Stay classy, UT !

del Conte has been doing that to opposing bands for years at ut now.
docabel
Heisman

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:29 am

Quit sounding like an Aggy. Every single band that goes to DKR is in upper deck. LSU needs to educate themselves.

The A/C myth was debunked by several people. It's LSU covering up the fact that they faked cramping in the second half to try to slow down Texas. Orgeron said himself there was no way they were stopping them. It's obvious when you watch the tape. Besides, LSU was voted worst visiting locker room in the SEC. This is nothing new in college football anywhere you go. https://www.tidesports.com/some-sec-loc ... t-welcome/. It's hot in every opposing locker room. I guarantee SMU's is just as hot.

Plus, let's not forgot the entire coaching staff + Ehlinger received calls and texts all week from the swamp kitty fans including a death threat to a TX coach saying they were going to slit the throats of his children and hang them.

But Texas is the non classy program...ok.
Pony ^

Postby okcponyfan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:52 am

i think the fake cramping thing is a good strategy. It is within the rule book. If fans/coaches/teams don't want a team to employ that strategy lobby the NCAA to change the rule. Maybe the rule should be if you go down for an injury on defense you have to miss the entire series.

i see it the same as Army playing keep away and every team doing wide receiver picks. Use the rules to your advantage.
okcponyfan
Varsity

Postby Dukie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:56 am

Paladin wrote:They stuck the LSU Band high in the nosebleed section. They can't claim they had nothing to do with that. Stay classy, UT !

And as a result, the Longhorn Band will get the same treatment next year.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 3a2fd.html
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:02 am

LSU fans also complained that they were only getting 3K tickets in Austin....when in reality both schools agreed to go from 5K to 3K due to the Texas end zone project taking out a ton of seats. This year Texas paid LSU $1.5M and LSU will pay Texas next year $1.5M and also give only 3K seats.

LSU fans might be the dumbest fans in the country I've ever come across.
Pony ^

Postby White Helmet » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:56 am

I remember one locker room in HS that actively had the furnace turned on and the ceiling was so low we had to get dressed outside since you couldn't get the shoulder pads over your head with out hitting the roof.
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby EastStang » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:44 pm

Nothing from the Whorns or the Louisiana Aggies surprises me.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby PonySnob » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:06 pm

okcponyfan wrote:i think the fake cramping thing is a good strategy. It is within the rule book. If fans/coaches/teams don't want a team to employ that strategy lobby the NCAA to change the rule. Maybe the rule should be if you go down for an injury on defense you have to miss the entire series.

i see it the same as Army playing keep away and every team doing wide receiver picks. Use the rules to your advantage.

June Jones used a similar strategy with guys claiming injury when our opponents were marching downfield with little resistance from our defense.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby mr. pony » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:38 pm

Pony ^ wrote:Quit sounding like an Aggy. Every single band that goes to DKR is in upper deck. LSU needs to educate themselves.

The A/C myth was debunked by several people. It's LSU covering up the fact that they faked cramping in the second half to try to slow down Texas. Orgeron said himself there was no way they were stopping them. It's obvious when you watch the tape. Besides, LSU was voted worst visiting locker room in the SEC. This is nothing new in college football anywhere you go. https://www.tidesports.com/some-sec-loc ... t-welcome/. It's hot in every opposing locker room. I guarantee SMU's is just as hot.

Plus, let's not forgot the entire coaching staff + Ehlinger received calls and texts all week from the swamp kitty fans including a death threat to a TX coach saying they were going to slit the throats of his children and hang them.

But Texas is the non classy program...ok.

Hey, look! A Bevo fan!
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mr. pony » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Pony ^ wrote:LSU fans also complained that they were only getting 3K tickets in Austin....when in reality both schools agreed to go from 5K to 3K due to the Texas end zone project taking out a ton of seats. This year Texas paid LSU $1.5M and LSU will pay Texas next year $1.5M and also give only 3K seats.

LSU fans might be the dumbest fans in the country I've ever come across.

I guess we’ll see.
Baton Rouge should be good times for the Orange People next year.
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PoconoPony » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:52 am

I vividly recall great air conditioning in the locker rooms when I played high school football in Northern Minnesota. The host team would merely leave the windows open when the temperature was 9 to 15 degrees. Our biggest problem was breaking off the ice to open a locker.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:06 am

Confirmed LSU lied through their teeth. Interesting

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Art ... 135502906/
Pony ^

Next

Return to Football