PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ben Hicks transfers to Hogs

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Ben Hicks transfers to Hogs

Postby 78pony » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:18 pm

leopold wrote:
PonyTime wrote:
Nacho wrote:arkansas and tamu both had to get out from under ut

The team that ended up benefiting the most from the SWC breakup: TCU, who last won a championship in the 50s and then re-gained relevancy in their conference hopping period.

Benefit my hairy armpit.

TCU got dumped like the other 3 of us but woke up that moment and decided to compete. TCU didn't benefit from squat, they LEARNED from it. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Their Board decided, after an impassioned speech from [deleted] Lowe, that they would never be left behind due to lack of/substandard facilities, commitment, etc. Our folks were concerned about frost SAT averages, self-reporting improper gifts of a Coca Cola, and how foolish everyone else in the country was in spending so much money on athletics.
78pony
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:48 am

I work in and around Tarrant County politics and culture. When I first started the gig, I was shocked to find that Fort Worth literally wakes up every morning asking how can they be better than Dallas. It's an obsession that we in Dallas hardly even notice. The moment SMU stumbled, TCU was on it. I think it's understandable how our leadership reacted -- hardly visionary, but understandable.

By the way, I'm not suggesting TCU is currently obsessed with SMU. From their perspective, they long ago passed us up and have no reason to look in the rearview mirror. But it was a huge impetus, the Fort Worth vs. Dallas thing, to get them where they are today, which is basically further along than they ever were in the SWC.

By the way, this is why our very recent Dallas emphasis is so huge. It's finally looking beyond our little bubble to the larger world. And it's sure to really get under the skin of TCU, in a very, very good way. We need to continue this connection to the city and never look back.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby 78pony » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:38 am

ponyboy wrote:I work in and around Tarrant County politics and culture. When I first started the gig, I was shocked to find that Fort Worth literally wakes up every morning asking how can they be better than Dallas. It's an obsession that we in Dallas hardly even notice. The moment SMU stumbled, TCU was on it. I think it's understandable how our leadership reacted -- hardly visionary, but understandable.

By the way, I'm not suggesting TCU is currently obsessed with SMU. From their perspective, they long ago passed us up and have no reason to look in the rearview mirror. But it was a huge impetus, the Fort Worth vs. Dallas thing, to get them where they are today, which is basically further along than they ever were in the SWC.

By the way, this is why our very recent Dallas emphasis is so huge. It's finally looking beyond our little bubble to the larger world. And it's sure to really get under the skin of TCU, in a very, very good way. We need to continue this connection to the city and never look back.

Great points on ftw vs Dallas. When you're in 2nd place and always looking up/to catch up, it's a whole lot easier to rally the troops when you can play the civic pride and poor pitiful us angles.
78pony
Heisman

Postby friarwolf » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:07 am

ponyboy wrote:I work in and around Tarrant County politics and culture. When I first started the gig, I was shocked to find that Fort Worth literally wakes up every morning asking how can they be better than Dallas. It's an obsession that we in Dallas hardly even notice. The moment SMU stumbled, TCU was on it. I think it's understandable how our leadership reacted -- hardly visionary, but understandable.

TCU got very lucky when they hired Franchione which got them Gary Patterson and to hire Del Conte. What they did was recognize the opportunity they had and go balls out on it. We continued to put up with Copeland and accept mediocrity. When we did get an opportunity with the basketball program, our latest mediocre AD and Turner chose to blow our own balls off instead of going balls out with that opportunity.....................
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby Nacho » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:17 pm

the dp didn't help
Nacho

Postby leopold » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:40 pm

oh great

not only do we have a thread about two dude who left us

we've added TCU

fascinating
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:28 pm

White Helmet wrote:
ponyboy wrote:Pretty funny for Dykes to be in that hot seat list. Um, no.

So you’re satisfied with 5-7, cool.

Hey White Helmet, how we feeling, bro? Still got Dykes on the hot seat?
ponyboy

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:24 am

White Helmet should be pleased that 5 games into this season we have already matched last year's win total. Sounds like progress to me.
Charleston Pony

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:27 pm

As usual at the start of the video Chad looks like he is attending a funeral

Chad Morris Presser After 31-27 Loss to Texas A&M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfa1c8X1hrI
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:22 pm

He is.
ponyboy

Postby SmooBoy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:17 pm

Hicks with another shot to give Chad his first SEC win.
SmooBoy

Postby SmooBoy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:53 pm

Hicks tried. Next up, Auburn.
SmooBoy

Postby Nacho » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:54 pm

Uk won
Nacho

Postby PonySnob » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:10 am

Where is Stallion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby footballdad » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:24 am

PonySnob wrote:Where is Stallion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Without shame, snuck in real quick to tell everyone about all the great Morris recruits on the current roster.........then limped back out with tail between legs. :P

Auburn & Bama up next! :shock:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop