PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who is TJ McDaniel?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Who is TJ McDaniel?

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:22 pm

Topper wrote:Heisman bait. Well, for this week anyway. I honestly think that he will make a major impact on this team. Will be interesting to see if he keeps his redshirt.

I am inclined to go ahead and let him play this season. Would hate to hold him for a redshirt and then see him go pro early anyway.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:31 pm

No Quarter wrote:
Webmaster wrote:http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86072

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/df ... 21280.html

3-star, Landry Award winning running back from Southlake who had offers from everyone under the sun including Clemson. The Landry Award recognizes the top North Texas high school football player who demonstrates positive character and leadership attributes.

He was a big cheerleader of the program trying to get other top recruits to look at the Mustangs. As you will see from the link above, many who follow recruiting on this board were holding our collective breaths for him to sign Letter of Intent.

Comes to mind that back in the day Craig James, whatever current opinion might be about him as a pol and fan, talked to other recruits including ED. Maybe James was a mind changer for someone, maybe not. But it was a good example. I don't have any complaints about James as a player although I (we) will always wonder how Wagoner - Wagons" I think they called him -would have turned out had he not gotten hurt.

If T J does the same and with good results - great.

Go Ponies.

And TJ’s girlfriend is at SMU...coincidence?!?
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby PonyPride » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:35 pm

Interesting take during post-game press conference, where McDaniel, fresh off scoring three touchdowns in SMU debut, said that if the coaches still opt to redshirt him, he'd be OK with it.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby 78pony » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:56 pm

SmooBoy wrote:I honestly didn’t know he was on the roster until tonight. Where’s he from and what kind of upside does he have?

From the Metroplex and have +12,000 posts...
78pony
Heisman

Postby Nacho » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:12 pm

ponyboy wrote:I couldn’t help but think of Craig J ames last night when McDaniel was doing his thing.
. Exactly the same stride
Nacho

Postby HubbaHubba » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:25 pm

Kid seems quick with great vision and timing. Finds the gap and hits it. Hope to see him around for a long time. Our skill positions seem to have some depth.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby SmooBoy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:35 pm

78pony wrote:
SmooBoy wrote:I honestly didn’t know he was on the roster until tonight. Where’s he from and what kind of upside does he have?

From the Metroplex and have +12,000 posts...

Touché. He slipped under my radar. Apologies.

And only 5k posts.
SmooBoy

Postby mavsrage311 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:45 am

I don't think you can redshirt him anymore. Bentley has played in all 3 games. Maybe you limit him to 4 now and redshirt him instead. Maybe. Let's stay healthy at the position first.
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:07 pm

We have 2 senior RBs wo have both been productive, so unless T.J. shows he can have big games against stronger opponents, I'd hate to blow a RS for him or Bentley. Those guys would appear to be our RBs of the future, along with Tamerik Williams. The 4 games and preserve a RS gives the coaching staff a lot of options but we need to have our most productive guys on the field against TCU.
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Football