PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL: Frog & Pony Show Predictions

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL: Frog & Pony Show Predictions

Postby ponyboy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:15 am

It ain’t the mascot. That’s for damn sure. Thing looks like a old man’s knuckle

Beat TCU
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HubbaHubba » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:13 am

Agree their offense is iffy. Unsettled at quarterback. Whoever they got back there if we rattle him early the toads will go down in flames. They got their running back back after his felony drug charges were dropped (Certainly not an NCAA violation as no special treatment of football players compared to typical tcu student. Jimi Hendrix's Purple Haze inspired by tcu). Will see how good their defense is.

And another thing, a frog with horns. They're just a tiny reptile but they want to be Bevo. Kinda pitiful.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby Nacho » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:28 am

brings back the good old days when nailon and Tomlinson were jumping out of hotel rooms.
Nacho

Postby PonyTime » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:52 am

Anyone want to talk about the game?

TCU now an AP Top 25 team - which is nice for us to get a crack at. They have beaten only one real opponent - a weak Purdue team that has a home W against Vandy and a loss to Nevada. Would a W over TCU put us in the top 25? (we should have a better resume than TCU has this week).

TCU still does not know who their starting QB will be. Frosh Hacksaw Max Duggan or Senior Alex Delton (formerly of Kansas State). Delton is the more mobile of the two and a threat on the ground. We will likely see both of them.

Important question - do they serve Keystone Light at Amon Carter or do we have to bring our own?

"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:07 am

Not really a prediction, but a member of the church I serve up here in Ohio dropped off an iron skillet for me yesterday. His daughter works in compliance for froggie U, so I guess he knows how important this game is for his spiritual health.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Nacho » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:23 am

tcu passing game is very suspect
looks like they live by the run
Nacho

Postby JasonB » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:47 pm

Nacho wrote:tcu passing game is very suspect
looks like they live by the run

The young QB throws it a million miles an hour. Nobody can catch it. He is actually decently accurate, he just throws too [deleted] short routes, and puts no arc under the ball. It reminds me of watching that Wisconsin transfer throw. Very interceptable pass but it is almost impossible for a defender to hold on to.

This is going to be great, old school football. They have a great line and a great stable of RBs. Strength on strength with their o-line against our d-line. As the game went on, they blew Purdue off the ball. I'm really interested to see how we do, and if our depth can keep a solid effort for all 4 quarters. Very different from anything we have played against this season.

If we are able to force them to throw the ball 35-40 times, we win.

If we can grab an early score it is really going to help in the game. Their d-line is awesome. I expect that we are going to have to leave our TE to block in this game. They will rush 4-5, play a zone in the middle with LB and S, and then man up on our outside WR. Gallup/Page are going to have to show up and make some plays across the middle, and the RB will need to make some plays in the passing game. The deep seam with 83 will be open if we can afford to get him out in the pass pattern, but I don't think it will happen.
JasonB

Postby SMUstang07 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Their QB play has been pretty terrible so that doesn't worry me. They can really run the ball though and I bet they will on Saturday. Overall, not that scary on offense, but they really use the defense/ST as an extension of their offense (setting up for Reagor punt returns and good field position after forcing 3 & outs).

Their defense looked pretty awesome against Purdue. I hope its because Purdue had no QB, but let's get real - a strong D is Patterson's bread and butter. The runs to the outside and WR screens will get buried given their speed on D. If we can establish any sort of running game then this will be a close one. If not, look out because their DL will be heads down coming at SB, and we wont get to utilize all the WR talent we have.

I'd take the under and hope our D comes out fired up. Will probably be very close at the half but they pull away in the end. TCU 31 SMU 17. I'm guessing we leave 6-10 points on the field due to special teams blunders (not just FG/PATs).
SMUstang07
Varsity

Postby JasonB » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:59 am

I think the under for this game is a great call. Total will be under 50 I think unless there are a ton of turnovers.
JasonB

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:17 am

Their young QB throws absolute rockets but is miserable with accuracy. He will be a stud once he nails that down. Reminds me of the cannon Stafford had as a frosh at UGA
Pony ^

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:54 am

I think SMU will cover but that's as far as I can go on this one. Hope our guys can put up a lot of points because I don't see us winning a low scoring game.
Charleston Pony

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:15 am

SMU 34
TCU 28

Just like coach J Brown would say - we are going to get out there and smack those MFers in the mouth.

Why on earth is TCU ranked? Coming off a poop 2018 season they played Pine Bluff and a terrible Purdue team (lost to a crap Nevada team and beat Vandy...wow). Sure the frog defense is okay but they have offensive woes. I just don’t think they can stop our run + catch. One of the two is going to get the better of TCU’s defense.

SMU wins. Period.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby smitty329 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:46 am

SMU 31 TCU 17 - SOUTHSIDE (Dallas) DA REALIST in DFW!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJwvQ7uGREE
smitty329
All-American

Postby smubrooks » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:09 am

Dallas beats fort worthless now that Fatterson is helping SMU again (per dmn)!
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Postby AusTxPony » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:41 am

Press keeps saying SMU hasn't been tested yet. IMHO, neither has TCU. I think our defense is better than any they have played as well as our offense. Are we up to the test? I don't know, but I think it's our turn to get the Skillet. Play for Dallas, play for SMU and play for the team and fans...win this one.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football