PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Golf Shirt Dykes Wore Against UNT

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Golf Shirt Dykes Wore Against UNT

Postby Stalled Brisket » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:55 am

The blue one that says Dallas in white. Any idea where they sell it? I saw a gentleman wearing one at the Texas State game. Would like to grab one for tomorrow's trip to Ft. Worth. I'm always up for messing with their inferiority complex, and I look great in that color. Plus they sell beer now, so it may serve as a return address to help me get home after the big win.

We'll be in the north end zone if anybody want to party. May try to sneak in a beer funnel.

-SB
Stalled Brisket

Re: Golf Shirt Dykes Wore Against UNT

Postby gostangs » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:35 am

There are at least ten buses of fraternity dudes coming to the game so you will have lots of beer funnel company.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby skyscraper » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:37 am

The school said they aren't planning to sell any of the "Dallas" gear. I also saw that dude on the home side wearing the blue polo. I'm assuming he was a major donor.
skyscraper

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:53 am

skyscraper wrote:The school said they aren't planning to sell any of the "Dallas" gear.

Seems like a missed opportunity.

It's amazing how quickly Tennessee was able to boost their merchandise sales with that bullying shirt. I would think SMU could have made a ton of money selling Dallas merchandise.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby CA Mustang » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:00 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
skyscraper wrote:The school said they aren't planning to sell any of the "Dallas" gear.

It's amazing how quickly Tennessee was able to boost their merchandise sales with that bullying shirt. I would think SMU could have made a ton of money selling Dallas merchandise.

In one of the stories about the Dallas uniforms, SMU had to agree not to sell merchandise in order for the city of Dallas to give permission to use its logo. I presume an agreement to split proceeds from any merchandise sold by SMU would be too complicated to execute in less than a month.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Stalled Brisket » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:13 pm

That's disappointing but not surprising. Maybe a few of you can get one if they do a re-shirt. I'd probably only qualify for another "The Rise Is Real" t-shirt.

10 buses of drunk frat dudes is just what we need. Good job on whoever planned that.

Anybody tailgating? (not the Mustang Club tailgate. They obviously frown on beer funnels) I'm pretty fired up about this one. If we don't keep stubbornly running halfback dives into the teeth of their defense for no yards, I think we win.
Stalled Brisket

Postby Dukie » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:34 pm

CA Mustang wrote:
DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:

In one of the stories about the Dallas uniforms, SMU had to agree not to sell merchandise in order for the city of Dallas to give permission to use its logo. I presume an agreement to split proceeds from any merchandise sold by SMU would be too complicated to execute in less than a month.

I don’t think that’s a City of Dallas logo. Wasn’t it to honor Lamar Hunt (and the Dallas Texans)? If so, the Chiefs may own it and that’s the hold up. Regardless, I’ve seen it on a lot of t-shirts around campus so they’re making them in that form at least.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby skyscraper » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:39 pm

The 'triple d' logo is absolutely the City logo and SMU had to get permission to put it on the uniforms and the giveaway shirts for the students.
The athletic department responded to people on Twitter in the days after the game and said their agreement didn't allow for the sale of any merchandise with it.
The script Dallas would seem to be outside of that, but still no plans now to make anything with it.
skyscraper

Postby Dukie » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:12 pm

skyscraper wrote:The 'triple d' logo is absolutely the City logo and SMU had to get permission to put it on the uniforms and the giveaway shirts for the students.
The athletic department responded to people on Twitter in the days after the game and said their agreement didn't allow for the sale of any merchandise with it.
The script Dallas would seem to be outside of that, but still no plans now to make anything with it.

Yeah I was only talking about the script “Dallas.” That’s what I thought was meant by “uniform.”
Dukie
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:33 pm

Stalled Brisket. Plus poster
ponyboy

Postby CA Mustang » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:19 am

Stalled Brisket wrote:The blue one that says Dallas in white. Any idea where they sell it?

The one Dykes wore yesterday had a Nike logo, so who is SMU's Nike rep?
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:03 pm

Mayor’s got his version already printed up:

HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Sonny Disposition » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:19 pm

Dallas mayor also won his bet. I think they bet BBQ or something.
Hope the cameras are rolling with FW mayor pays up.
Sonny Disposition

Postby ponyboy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:37 pm

Yep, mayor and his staff are going to be getting a BBQ buffet from Heim. Same restaurant that did the "Rougned Eats Free" t-shirt after he clocked Batista.
ponyboy

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:48 pm

ponyboy wrote:Yep, mayor and his staff are going to be getting a BBQ buffet from Heim. Same restaurant that did the "Rougned Eats Free" t-shirt after he clocked Batista.

I had no idea but I'll make that my number 3.

Hutchins
Pecan lodge
Heim
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Football